Cambridge Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Did you know that the famous mathematician Albert Einstein once said, "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics; I can assure you that mine are still greater"? Maths can indeed be challenging, but the opportunities it brings are immense. The Functional Skills Maths course is designed to help you tackle these challenges and improve your numeracy skills, opening doors in various proficient fields. From finance and data analysis to education and engineering, solid mathematical abilities are highly sought after by employers. This comprehensive Functional Skills Maths course will enhance your understanding of key mathematical concepts and their practical applications, ensuring success in an increasingly competitive job market. So don't let maths hold you back; embrace the opportunity to elevate your skills and reap the benefits of newfound confidence in your numerical abilities. Enrol in the Functional Skills Maths course today and embark on a journey towards growth and success.
- Enhance understanding of integers, factors, and multiples.
- Master fractions and decimal number manipulation.
- Develop proficiency in approximation, estimation, and scientific notation.
- Gain confidence in solving ratio, proportion, and unitary method problems.
- Apply mathematical concepts to profit, loss, discount, and tax calculations.
Learners will improve their numeracy skills in this Functional Skills Maths course by exploring various mathematical concepts. Starting with integers and directed numbers, the Functional Skills Maths course delves into factors and multiples, providing a strong foundation for more advanced topics. Next, fractions and decimal numbers are examined in depth, followed by rational numbers and the simplification rule, BODMAS.
Further into the Functional Skills Maths course, learners will study approximation, estimation, scientific notation, or standard form to handle large or small numbers easily. The curriculum then focuses on percentage, ratio, and proportion before discussing the unitary method and its applications. Lastly, real-life scenarios involving profit, loss, discount, and tax are addressed, ensuring a practical understanding of the material.
- Section 01: Introduction
- Section 02: Read, Write, Compare and Order Numbers of any size
- Section 03: Substitution in Given Formula
- Section 04: Fractions
- Section 05: Decimal Numbers
- Section 06: Percentages
- Section 07: Equivalence between fractions, decimals and percentages
- Section 08: Ratio and Proportion
- Section 09: Profit & Loss
- Section 10: Discounts and Taxes
- Section 11: Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Section 12: Money
- Section 13: Convert between metric and imperial units
- Section 14: Compound Measures including speed, density & rates of pay
- Section 15: Perimeters and Areas of 2-D shapes
- Section 16: Volumes and Surface Areas of 3-D shapes
- Section 17: Scale Drawings
- Section 18: Statistics
- Section 19: Probability
- Section 20 Bonus Section (Time Topic 11 Video Lectures)
Who is this course for?
- Individuals are seeking to improve their numeracy skills for personal or professional development.
- Students aim to enhance their understanding of mathematical concepts for academic success.
- Professionals need to apply mathematical principles in their daily work.
- Parents or educators who want to support children in developing mathematical abilities.
- Financial Analyst - £30K to 60K/year
- Data Analyst - £25K to 50K/year
- Quantity Surveyor - £25K to 60K/year
- Maths Tutor - £20K to 40K/year
- Accountant - £20K to 50K/year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of Completion (PDF)
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of Completion (Hard Copy)
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Note: Delivery of hardcopy certificate is free within the United Kingdom. However, to obtain a hardcopy certificate, international students have to pay £19.99 for the shipment to their designated address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.