If you’re interested in working as a functional skills teacher or want to learn more maths but unsure of where to start, then this Functional Maths course is ideal for you.
Mathematics has expanded considerably beyond basic counting and is one of the most crucial skills valued in every aspect of our lives. While many may find it difficult to understand, this Functional Maths Training Course means you can begin mastering the topic in no time.
You will start by learning how to manipulate algebraic expressions and equations in the most practical and accessible process possible. You’ll then discover the link between everyday life puzzles and the theoretical application of mathematics, from finance to physics. Finally, you’ll receive a wide array of tips to improve your problem-solving abilities.
Highlights of the Functional Maths Training Course:
- Explore a comprehensive range of modules that cover various topics, such as Integers, Factors and Multiples, Fractions, and BODMAS rule.
- Get a complete guideline in developing your maths skills and confidence.
- Improve the practical skills and knowledge you need to use maths in life, study and work.
- Learn more about Decimal numbers, Rational Numbers, Approximation, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion.
- Gain key insight into Unitary Method and its applications and calculating Profit, Loss, discount and Tax.
- Perfect your calculation skills and learn how to use them in real-life situations.
Why Choose this Functional Maths Training Course:
- This best ever Functional Maths Training course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Functional Maths Training Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Functional Maths Training course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Functional Maths Training Course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Functional Maths course is designed with the following modules:
Integers ( Directed Numbers)
- Multiplying any digit number by 11, 22, and 33
- Integers and ordering of integers
- Operations on Integers
- Multiplication and Division of Integers
- Powers of Integers (Exponents)
Factors and Multiples
- Complete knowledge about factors and multiples
- Divisibility tests for 2,3,4,5,6
- Divisibility rules 7,8,9,10,11
- Prime Factorization
- Highest Common Factor HCF
- Least Common Multiple LCM
- Relation between LCM and HCF
- Classification of Fractions
- Convert mixed to improper and improper to mixed fractions
- Equivalent Fractions
- Comparing Fractions after converting to like fractions
- Reducing a fraction to lowest term
- Addition and subtraction OF fractions
- Multiplication and division of fractions
- Word problems on fractions
Simplification Rule : BODMAS
- BODMAS and rules to remove brackets
- Simplify expressions using BODMAS rules
- Simplify expressions involving fractions using BODMAS
- Decimal numbers in relation to fractions
- Like and unlike Decimals
- Ordering of Decimal numbers
- Addition and subtraction of Decimal
- Multiplication of Decimal
- Division of Decimal
- Rational number
- Representation of Rational Numbers on Number line
- Determining which fraction is terminating or non terminating
- Shortcut method of writing decimal expansion of fraction to decimal
- Rounding to whole number
- Rounding to required number of decimals (1 d.p. )
- Rounding to significant digits
- Practice question on three methods of approximation
Estimation and Scientific Notation or Standard form
- Scientific Notation
- Operation on numbers when they are in scientific notation
- Percentage to fraction and fraction to percentage
- Percentage of a quantity and conversation to decimal
- Expressing one quantity as percentage of another quantity
- Finding increase decrease percent
- Uses of percentages-Word Problems
Ratio and Proportion
- Ratio- How to express as simple ratio
- How to compare Ratios
- Word problems on finding ratios
- To divide a given quantity into a given Ratio
- Practice problems on Proportion
- Continued proportion
Unitary Method and its Applications
- Direct Variation ( or proportion)
- Problems based on Direct proportion
- Inverse Variation ( or proportion)
- Multiple Ratios
Profit , Loss, discount and Tax
- Basics – Profit and Loss
- More practice problems on Profit & Loss
- Selling price formula and Problems
- Cost price formula and Problems
- Higher problems on Profit and Loss
- Basics – Discount
- Practice problems on Discount
How is the Functional Maths Training course assessed?
To successfully complete the Functional Maths course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion of this Functional Maths Training course, you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognized professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Functional Maths course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Functional Maths Training Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Level will I achieve on completion of this course
Hi Chelle, Thanks for the question. This is a Level 2 Certificate course. You will receive an accredited certificate upon successful completion of the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.