To provide investigators with the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct volume and priority fraud investigations.
Nature and profile of the fraudster/Victims
To enable the delegate to understand the motives and opportunities for Fraud
- To understand how the opportunities for fraud occur.
- To understand the behaviour of a fraudster.
- To identify the profile of those involved in occupational fraud.
To enable the delegate to understand the nature and scale of Fraud and roles and responsibilities of other agencies
- To be able to recognise the different types and classifications of Fraud.
- To be able to explain the impact of Fraud on local and national communities.
- To be able to identify the common features of a fraud.
- To understand the support available for victims of fraud.
- To explain the roles and responsibilities of organisations involved in fraud investigation.
Fraud investigative skills and golden hour
To enable the delegate to apply Core Investigative skills to the investigation of Fraud.
- To apply golden hour principles to fraud investigations.
- To understand the investigative mindset in fraud investigations
- To recognise investigative skills sets applicable to fraud investigations
Case management within fraud investigations
To apply decision making procedures and develop investigation plans for Fraud
- To understand the need for fraud policy files. (Decision logs).
- To identify and prioritise decision log entries.
- To develop investigation plans giving focus, direction and clarity to fraud investigations.
- To understand the importance of case conclusion and applying lessons learnt through structured debriefs
Maximizing the Recovery of Material in Fraud Investigations
To be able to identify the legal authority and procedures to maximise material recovery in fraud investigations.
- To identify appropriate powers and procedures to obtain & seize relevant material.
- To understand suspect management in fraud investigations
A case study will be run throughout the course
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.