Add to basket or enquire
- Lay the foundations for a successful career in social care.
- Learn about the knowledge, skills and values you need.
- Give yourself a head start.
Working with people with social care needs is demanding and challenging, it requires a set of important skills, a professional knowledge base and a commitment to social care values. The work involves being a source of support to people who are vulnerable for one or more reasons (children, frail older people, people with disabilities or mental health needs). This means social care workers need to be well informed, skilful and reliable and have integrity. Not everyone is cut out for this type of work, but if it is for you, then this course will give you the head start you need.
Whether you are new to social care, wanting to build on your experience to date or an old hand wanting fresh inspiration, this course is for you. Developed and presented by leading author, Dr Neil Thompson, this course will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge for you to build on as your career develops.
This information-packed course will help to boost your confidence and set you on a direct path to professional development. Whichever branch of social care you work in or are planning on working in, you will find here a helpful set of guidelines for good practice safe, reliable and effective.
The course includes a Module Companion Workbook which you should print out before starting the course. It contains exercises to help you think about the issues covered and consolidate your understanding. It also contains space for you to make notes as you work your way through the course. After you have completed the course you will then have a valuable resource to serve as a reminder of your learning and a reference source.
You should take this course if you want to be well equipped for rising to the challenges of social care so that you can make a positive difference, achieve job satisfaction and continue to develop throughout your career.Course Modules
- Welcome and Introduction
- Introductory video
- Module 1 – Introduction, Managing Complexity, Learning How to Learn, Integrating Theory and Practice, Developing Reflective Practice, Action Planning
- Module 2 - Knowledge, Skills and Values, What are Values?, Rights and Responsibilities, Equality and Diversity , Confidentiality, Systems and Structures
- Module 3 - What is partnership, Why is it important?, Relationships with Service Users, Systematic Practice, Multidisciplinary Collaboration, Partnership Skills
- Module 4 - Assessing Needs and Circumstances, Positives, Negatives and Pitfalls, Assessing Risk Risk Assessment: The Brearley Model, Rights and Risk, Pitfalls to Avoid
- Module 5 - What is Planning?, The Life Course I: Ages and Stages, The Life Course II: Crisis, Loss and Growth, Planning Meetings, Pitfalls of Planning, What Happens If We Don't Plan
- Module 6 - Evaluating Practice, Giving and Receiving Feedback, Discrimination and Oppression, Professional Development, Keeping Learning Alive
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.