Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Foster Care Training Course is the only guide you need for learning the essential topics thoroughly and acquire the necessary skills for a special discounted price. With only 2 hours of training towards your CPD-accredited certificate and course materials designed by industry experts, any of your dreams in professional life can be turned into a reality.
Our exclusive Foster Care Training Course follows an advanced curriculum with topics broken down into a total of 8 scaled-down modules for your ease of self-paced learning. These modules will assist you in grasping the basics and leading you to the steps of getting a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Foster Care Training Course. The course materials designed by experts are easily accessible 24/7 by any of your smartphones, laptops, PCs, tablets etc. Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you in achieving your goals.
Finally, you will receive a CPD-accredited certificate which will fast-track your career and showcase your expertise on this topic to excel in your professional life. This professional certification along with your in-depth understanding of the course materials will put you ahead in this sector as well as the relevant job market.
Key topics to be covered
- The History of Foster Care
- Current Trends in Fostering in the UK
- Who Can Foster a Child? Who Needs Fostering?
- The Difference Between Fostering & Adoption
- The Role of Foster Carers
- Physical, Social, Emotional & Educational Needs of a Child
- Fostering Skills and Requirements
- Types of Fostering Services
- Understand the latest trends in foster care in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Deepen your knowledge of the role of a foster carer and foster care services
- Identify the differences between fostering and adopting a child
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the skills and requirements required to work in the foster care sector
- Learn about the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of children
- Understand the challenges involved in fostering a child and the effects of foster care on children
- Broaden your understanding of how modern formal foster care works
- Familiarise with some important statistics regarding foster care and fostered children in the UK
Studies reveal that as many as 1 in every 10 children in the UK experience abuse or come from a dysfunctional home. To ensure that abused children receive the love they deserve and grow into happy, healthy adults, foster care services must be able to meet the physical, social, emotional, and educational needs of a child, helping them to develop into confident, young adults.
If you work in social care and wish to learn more about fostering services, or are looking to kickstart a career in this field, then this course is perfect for you. It is also ideal for aspiring foster parents who want to gain a better understanding of the process for fostering a child and the foster care system.
You will learn about the different types of foster care services, fostering skills and requirements, how to provide a safe environment, and much more. Enrol in this course today and start making a positive change to children’s lives.
Skills you will gain
- Ability to nurture, care for and communicate effectively with children
- Ability to guide, educate and discipline children
- Empathy & patience
- Listening Skills
- Child care skills
Introduction to the Course
- Course Objective
Module 01: Introduction to Foster Care
- Why Foster Care
- History of Foster Care
- Early Informal Foster Care
- Modern Formal Foster Care
- Current Trend in Fostering
Module 02: Foster Care-Definition and Types
- What is Foster Care?
- Who can Foster?
- Who Needs Fostering?
- Foster Care vs. Adoption vs. Children’s Home
- Types of Foster Care
Module 03: Role of Foster Careers
- Physical Needs
- Emotional Needs
- Social Needs
- Education Needs
- Additional Responsibilities
Module 04: Fostering Skills and Requirements
- What are Fostering Skills?
- Having Adequate Time
- Having Strong Support Systems
- Having Time and Willingness to Learn and Join Training Programmes
- Having Team Great Team Work Skills
- Having the Willingness to Say Good Bye
Module 05: Becoming a Foster Carer
- Identifying the Foster Caring Agencies
- Types of Fostering Service
- Applying to Become a Foster Career
- Assessment and Approval Process
- Checking the suitability of an Applicants
- Criminal Records Checks
- Additional Checks and Considerations
- Physical Arrangement to Foster Children
- Going to panel
- Training Opportunities and Review
- Types of training and learning opportunities
Module 06: Foster Care Allowances and Payments
- Foster Care Allowance
- Tax and Insurance
- Fee Exemption
Module 07: Fostering Laws and Regulations
- Care Standards Act 2000
- Children Act 1989
- The Children Act 2004
- National Minimum Standards (NMS)
- The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011
- Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
- Care Leavers (England) Regulations 2010
- Statutory Guidance
Module 08: The Impact of Fostering on the Foster Family
- Pros and Cons of Foster Care on Foster Career’s Children
- Calls to Action
- Strategies to Minimize the Negative Impacts
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive proper certification that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postal fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is this Foster Care Training Course right for you?
This comprehensive training course is ideal for parents who are looking into fostering a child, as well as individuals who wish to start a career in the social care sector in the field of foster care. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will be fully prepared to work in a foster care role or foster a child yourself. Professions within this field include the following:
- Foster Carer
- Qualified Social Worker
- Fostering Team Manager
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.