Add to basket or enquire
Many of the children in foster care have experienced neglect, abuse or trauma in their short lives, and this vulnerability can put them and those around them in potentially dangerous situations. This Foster Care Training Course is a fully professional qualification aimed at increasing your understanding of foster care and the risks that can come with this.
You will first learn the fostering concepts, types and history & current trends to get a complete overview of what fostering is. Next are the fostering roles and skills, application, assessment, earning, and fostering regulations.
If you require help, tutors are available to talk to over email throughout the weekdays, or you can get in touch with our dedicated and friendly support team, who are always happy to help.
Upon completion, you will be prepared for a career in foster care or safeguarding children and young people.
Benefits of studying Foster Care Training Course:
- 24/7 access to the course for 12 months
- No hidden fees or exam charges
- CPD endorsed certification on successful completion
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
- Efficient exam system, assessment and instant results
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to Foster Care
- Why Foster Care
- History of Foster Care
- Early Informal Foster Care
- Modern Formal Foster Care
- Current Trend In Fostering
Module 02: Foster Care-Definition and Types
- What is Foster care?
- Who can foster?
- Who needs fostering?
- Foster Care vs. Adoption vs. Children’s Home
- How is foster care different from adoption?
- How is foster care different from a children's home?
- Types of Foster Care
Module 03: Role of Foster Careers
- Foster Carrer’s Work Areas And Role
- Caring for children
- Providing a safe and caring environment
- Working as part of a team
- Own Development
- Delegated Authority
- Additional responsibilities
Module 04: Fostering Skills and Requirements
- What are Fostering Skills?
- Understanding the role of a foster carer
- Health and safety and health care
- Understanding children and young people
- Develop yourself
Module 05: Becoming a Foster Carer
- Identifying the Foster Caring Agencies
- Types of Fostering Service
- Applying to Become a Foster Career
- Assessment and Approval Process
- Checking the suitability of an Applicants
- Criminal Records Checks
- Additional Checks and Considerations
- Physical Arrangement to Foster Children
- Going to panel
- Training Opportunities and Review
Module 06: Foster Care Allowances and Payments
- Foster Care Allowance
- Tax and Insurance
- Fee Exemption
Module 07: Fostering Laws and Regulations
- Care Standards Act 2000
- Children Act 1989
- The Children Act 2004
- National Minimum Standards (NMS)
- The Fostering Services (England) Regulations 2011
- Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (England) Regulations 2010
- Care Leavers (England) Regulations 2010
- Statutory Guidance
Module 8: The Impact of Fostering on the Foster Family
- Pros and Cons of Foster Care on Foster Career’s Children
- Calls to Action
- Strategies to Minimize the Negative Impacts
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
This best ever course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Foster Care Training Course is for you.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.