Add to basket or enquire
This Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 5 CPD points available without any further studies.
Learn the key areas of Forensic science and psychology and know how to implement the knowledge in the criminal investigation with the Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling Course.
Forensic science is the application of science to investigate crime scene while Forensic psychology the intersection between psychology and the justice system that applies clinical specialities as well as research and experimentation in other areas of psychology to the legal arena. The course helps you to understand both the terms so that you can investigate a crime scene efficiently.
The scientific methods and processes that are used to solve crimes are known as Forensic science. Throughout the course, you will learn how to investigate a crime scene and collect evidence of the crime. The course also shows you the techniques of profiling or the strategies of recording and analysis of a person’s psychological and behavioural characteristics. The reasons why eyewitness does not give the right answer while testifying or personal characteristics of offenders, psychopath offenders, offender profiling, crisis negotiation, etc. will be explained in the course.
Highlights of the Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling:
- Explore the history of the evolution of Forensic Psychology.
- Grasp the research methods in Forensic Psychology and different theories of offending.
- Determine the personal attributes of offenders and the importance of Forensic Psychology in police investigations.
- Understand crime and criminal profiling to determine the motivation of criminals.
- Learn to examine a crime scene, collect any evidence and process that evidence for any useful information.
- Understand how evidence can be used to solve a crime and identify a suspect.
- Explore Forensic Psychology in the courtroom and in Practice.
Why Choose Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling:
- This best ever course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Reducing the Risk of Re-Offending
- Interventions to reduce risk of re-offending
Module 02- History of Forensic Psychology
- History of development of Forensic Psychology
Module 03: Research Methods in Forensic Psychology
- Research Design and Methodology
- Critical evaluation of psychological research
Module 04: Theories of Offending
- Introduction to theories of offending
Module 05: Sexual and Violent Offending
- Theories of sexual offending
- Theories of violent offending
Module 06: Fire-Setting Behaviour
- Theories of fire-setting behaviour
Module 07: Offender Profiling
- An Introduction to Offender Profiling
- Approaches to Offender Profiling
Module 08: Effectiveness of Offender Profiling
- The Effectiveness of Offender Profiling
Module 09: Eye-Witness and Expert Witness Testimony
- Eye-witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony
Module 10: Reducing Re-Offending and Incident Management
- ’What works’ literature in reducing re-offending
- Incident management (Crisis Negotiation)
- Introduction: About the Course and the Tutor
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What kind of certificate will be awarded for this course, and what is the exam criteria?
Dear Nadeem, Thank you for your question. You can obtain a CPD certificate after successfully completing the course. The exam in the course will be in MCQ based. You can participate in the exam after completing all your lessons. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long do i have to complete this course?
Dear Learner, Thank you for your question. You can access the course for 1 year. Thank you.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.