Learn the key areas of Forensic science and psychology and know how to implement the knowledge in the criminal investigation with the Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling Course.
Forensic science is the application of science to investigate crime scene while Forensic psychology the intersection between psychology and the justice system that applies clinical specialities as well as research and experimentation in other areas of psychology to the legal arena. The course helps you to understand both the terms so that you can investigate a crime scene efficiently.
The scientific methods and processes that are used to solve crimes are known as Forensic science. Throughout the course, you will learn how to investigate a crime scene and collect evidence of the crime. The course also shows you the techniques of profiling or the strategies of recording and analysis of a person’s psychological and behavioural characteristics. The reasons why eyewitness does not give the right answer while testifying or personal characteristics of offenders, psychopath offenders, offender profiling, crisis negotiation, etc. will be explained in the course.
Highlights of the Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling:
- Explore the history of the evolution of Forensic Psychology.
- Grasp the researchmethods in Forensic Psychology and different theories of offending.
- Determine the personal attributes of offenders and the importance of Forensic Psychology in police investigations.
- Understand crime and criminal profiling to determine the motivation of criminals.
- Learn to examine a crime scene, collect any evidence and process that evidence for any useful information.
- Understand how evidence can be used to solve a crime and identify a suspect.
- Explore Forensic Psychology in the courtroom and in Practice.
Why Choose Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling:
- This best ever course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling Course is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Introduction: About the Course and the Tutor
- History of development of Forensic Psychology
Research Methods in Forensic Psychology
- Research Design and Methodology
- Critical evaluation of psychological research
Theories of Offending
- Introduction to theories of offending
- Theories of sexual offending
- Theories of violent offending
- Theories of fire-setting behaviour
Personal Attributes of Offenders
- Personal characteristics of offenders
- Personality disordered offenders
- Psychopathic offenders
- Mental Illness and offending
Forensic Psychology in Police Investigations
- An Introduction to Offender Profiling
- Approaches to Offender Profiling
- The Effectiveness of Offender Profiling
Forensic Psychology in the Courtroom
- Eye-witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony
- Attitudes towards victims
Forensic Psychology in Practice
- ’What works’ literature in reducing re-offending
- Interventions to reduce risk of re-offending
- Incident management (Crisis Negotiation)
How is the course assessed?
To successfully complete the course you must pass an automated, multiple-choice assessment. The assessment is delivered through our online learning platform. You will receive the results of your assessment immediately upon completion.
While I receive a certificate of completion?
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification and you can choose to make your achievement formal by obtaining your Certificate at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Forensic Science and Law Enforcement Criminal Profiling is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.