Mandatory Training Group
Food Safety Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Welcome to The Mandatory Training Group's online food safety training course. This food safety e-learning course was developed to meet the required learning outcomes recommended by regulatory bodies relating to food safety, including FSA (Food Standards Agency)and the Food Safety Act 1990.
Study method - Online, self-paced (1-2 study hours)
Course format - Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration - Part-time (1 year access)
Qualification - Certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Certification Service
Assessment and certification
At the end of this online food safety training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online food safety training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
It will take approximately 45 to 90 minutes to complete this food safety e-learning course. The length of time to complete the course depends on the following:
- your prior knowledge and experience regarding food safety and hygiene
- how quickly you can study and absorb the learning materials
- how much you can pace yourself once started
You are in full control of how long it takes to complete this online food safety course. You can go through the course in one sitting, or pause and come back later. Your progress will be recorded throughout and you will be able to start where you previously left off.
You can revise the online learning materials as many times as you like. Even after completing the course successfully (and obtaining your CPD) certificate, you will still have access to your learning materials for 365 days.
Course aims and objectives
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of food safety and hygiene
- To provide essential food safety training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online course?
- Understand the common food hazards
- Know about food contamination and how to minimise it
- Be aware of disease causing viruses
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene for food handlers
- Understand the importance of effective hand washing
- Understand the important of effective cleaning
- Know the actions to take to minimise pest infestation
- Know how to report potential and actual food hazards
- Understand the various ways to store food
- Understand the food standards regulations
Why choose The Mandatory Training Group’s online training courses?
There are benefits of choosing The Mandatory Training Group as your e-learning training provider, including:
- Over 1000 training courses available
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e learning provider
- Internationally recognized CPD certificates
- SCORM compliant e-Learning courses
- TIN CAN compliant e-Learning courses
- interactive online learning courses
- free blended learning environment for individuals and organizations
- competitively priced online training courses
- meet UK compliance requirements
- reduce organizational carbon footprint
- immediate access to online learning materials
- minimize travel costs and man hour costs of classroom training
- minimize hours and days spent away in classroom training
- download or print CPD certificates on completion
Food Safety Level 2 - Online CPD Training Course
Who is this course for?
Who is this food safety course for?
The Mandatory Training Group’s food safety eLearning course should be completed by all individuals needing to be qualified and competent in dealing with food handling. This course will provide the necessary information and legislation relating to food safety. It will also cover the correct techniques to use when handling food in practice, including examples from various working environments. The course will also cover food risk assessments, handwashing and food preparation.
This online food safety training course covers the main points relating to food safety. It has additional online learning resources that provide more details for learners to refer to during the course and in practice.
Access to desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device.
The Mandatory Training Group’s classroom and online training courses can be used as:
- Directed learning hours for NVQ/QCF training courses
- NMC & GMC revalidation for nurses & doctors
- CPD hours/points for health and social care professionals
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Loredana Elena asked:
Is this certificate recognized in all EU countries?
Good afternoon Thank you for your message The certificate is recognised globally as per our accreditations and licensing agreements Thanks MTG Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.