One of the most satisfying aspects of catering is being able to help make someone’s celebration go smoothly.
As a caterer, you will be helping people celebrate some of the most important milestones and moments in their life, and being able to see the smile on your client’s faces when you give them a time they will not forget is priceless.
Whether you are looking for a new career that is less monotonous or looking for your first career and want to work in an exciting, rewarding industry, our online Food & Beverage course can help you get where you want to be. Among other things, owning a successful catering or party planning business requires an understanding of food, beverages, and the service of each.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
• Lifetime access – No time limits – Study at your own pace
• Internationally-recognized CPD accredited course
• Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
• Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
In this course, you will gain mastery in the following topics to help you make your business as desirable as possible to prospective clients:
- Foodservice management
- Catering management
- Product development
- Beverage management
Module 1: Foodservice management
- 1.1 Introduction to foodservice industry
- 1.2 Responsible foodservice
- 1.3 Foodservice procedures
- 1.4 Event planning
- 1.5 Marketing yourself
Module 2: Catering
- 2.1 Scale and size
- 2.2 Product & service development
- 2.3 Menu planning & pricing
- 2.4 Working with the client
- 2.5 Culture & cuisine
Module 3: Nutrition
- 3.1 Introduction to nutrition
- 3.2 Keeping cuisine healthy
- 3.3 Remaining health conscious
- 3.4 Sustainable foods
Module 4: Beverage management
- 4.1 Beverage service laws and regulations
- 4.2 Beverage trends
- 4.3 Pricing and purchasing
- 4.4 Basics of beer, wine, and liquor
Module 5: Product development
- 5.1 Understanding ingredients
- 5.2 Analysing demand and need
- 5.3 Market research
- 5.4 Tapping into trends
- 5.5 Understanding your product
Who is this course for?
This is a career that is great for people who:
- Love to work with others
- Enjoy the satisfaction that comes from making others happy
- Love food, beverages, and the culture that surrounds their service
- Is patient, smart, and quick on their feet
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
After you complete this course, you could:
- Start a career in the food and beverage industry
- Open your own catering company
- Increase your knowledge and skills, impress your bosses and earn a promotion or raise
- Become a more well-rounded employee
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.