International Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
If you’re passionate about food and love variety in your working day, a catering career is perfect for you. Our Food & Beverage Management course prepares you for every aspect of your new career from creating amazing menus, to keeping on top of food hygiene laws and tapping into amazing food trends.
There are so many positive reasons to work in the UK’s thriving £1 billion catering industry. It’s the perfect sector to fast-track your career because 90% of managers work their way up from lower positions in the food industry. Step on to the career ladder by studying our Food & Beverage Management course now.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
Whether you fancy a career in a hotel, restaurant, or catering company, or have the ambition to set up your own catering business, our food management course provides you with an encyclopedic knowledge of your various duties.
Everything from food safety, food hygiene, serving food, planning menus, serving drinks and tapping into food trends are covered in our specialist course. Sign up now and delve into the fast-paced, captivating world of catering.
The UK hospitality and catering industry employs around 1.7 million people (6% of the total working population). So it's clearly a popular career choice with many rewards and great opportunities.
You can showcase your creative flair and enjoy working with many different people and events, from catering for a wedding to organising corporate affairs. Variety is the spice of life in the food management business!
It’s highly satisfying to see people enjoying your food but you also need to ensure the food is safe to eat by following the rules regarding food hygiene and food safety.
Our course provides invaluable information for people working in catering or setting up their own catering or party planning business. Studying our course, you’ll become adept in:
- Planning and pricing menus
- Providing healthy, nutritious meals
- Tapping into the latest food trends
- Serving drinks within the licensing law
- Knowing how to interact with guests
- Keeping food correctly by knowing the rules regarding storage of raw and cooked food, food hygiene and food safety
- Marketing your own catering business and finding the right clients
With your understanding of food management and the catering industry, you will leave our course prepared to wow your new employer or clients with your knowledge and expert service of food and beverages. Even more importantly, they will feel confident hiring you because you know the importance of food hygiene to keep your customers safe.
Our food management course is online so you can study whenever and however you wish. You also get to keep the accredited course for life so you can refresh your memory about any aspect of food and beverage management. Start on your wonderful culinary journey today by investing in our information-packed food management course.
How is the Food and Beverage Management course assessed?
By studying Food and Beverage Management online with IOA, you do not pay an extra fee for sitting an exam or have to wait for a set date to sit an exam. There is a short exam at the end of each module for you to take, You’ll know your score immediately.
Will I get a certificate?
Yes, you must complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more to be eligible for the certificate. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Food and Beverage Management Course Syllabus
Module 1: Food Service Management
- Introduction to the food service industry
- Responsible food service, food hygiene and food safety
- Food service procedures
- Event planning
- Marketing yourself
Module 2: Catering
- Scale and size of your functions
- Product & service development
- Menu planning & pricing
- Working with the client
- Culture & cuisine
Module 3: Nutrition
- Introduction to nutrition
- Keeping cuisine healthy
- Remaining health conscious
- Sustainable foods
Module 4: Beverage Management
- Beverage service laws and regulations
- Beverage trends
- Pricing and purchasing
- Basics of beer, wine, and liquor
Module 5: Product Development
- Understanding ingredients
- Analysing demand and need
- Market research
- Tapping into trends
- Understanding your product
Who is this course for?
- Everyone who works with or handles food will know much more about food management from selecting menus and drinks to food hygiene, food safety and storage
- People seeking work in the catering trade or who have the ambition to set up their own catering or party planning business
- Anyone who plans events which include handling, preparing or serving food and drink
- People who work in catering or have their own business and want fresh ideas about healthy nutrition and food trends
- Hotel, restaurant or bar managers who want to ensure their staff are keeping to best practices regarding food hygiene, handling food and storing raw or cooked food
- People working in hotels or restaurants who want to be promoted to management positions
- Anyone who wishes to be a greater asset to any hospitality business with their extensive knowledge of the food and beverage services
- Everyone who works in the hospitality trade will benefit greatly by understanding the importance of food hygiene, food safety and storage, as well as the laws and regulations regarding serving alcohol
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
- Start a career in the food and beverage industry. Show potential employers your accredited certificate and impress them with your knowledge of serving food and drink including food hygiene and safety
- Open your own catering company or party planning business.
- Increase your knowledge and skills regarding food management, impress your bosses and earn a promotion or raise
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Rajat Sokhi asked:
Pl tell me that if I complete this course, can u give me a job in hotel industry of UK as I belong to india
This course will give you the knowledge you need to work in the hotels and hospitality industry in general. You will receive a certificate which will profoundly improve your CV and therefore increase chances of getting employment. We have many students who received jobs straight after getting our certificate. Besides, this course is CPD accredited (by CPD UK).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
MORNA JAYNE asked:
Do you need to pay £29 per month ? Are there any catches sounds to easy ..
The offer for our Food and Beverage Management course includes the course, unlimited access to the course content and also a certificate of completion issued by the course provider. Whether you are already working in the food management sector or starting a new career this certification profoundly improve your CV.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
What level is this course? Thank you Colbert
Our Food and Beverage Management course compares to a level 3. Our courses are accredited by ICOES and CPD Certification Service (CPD UK).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.