Add to basket or enquire
In a world filled with unexpected challenges, the frustration of helplessness in the face of an emergency can be overwhelming. Picture a moment when someone's life is hanging by a thread, and you don't possess the knowledge to provide immediate aid. It's a feeling of powerlessness, a pain that stems from not having the skills to offer a lifeline. In such crucial moments, the field of First Aid: Oxygen Administration becomes invaluable. Its importance lies in the potential to save lives, to be the beacon of hope when seconds count the most.
Our First Aid: Oxygen Administration course empowers you with the skills and knowledge needed to be a lifesaver. It unveils the art of oxygen administration, equips you to be a competent first aider, and teaches the life-saving techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). You'll explore specialised oxygen support for COVID-19 patients and scuba diving injuries, master the use of oxygen equipment, and understand the intricacies of delivery devices and associated risks.
This course is your journey towards being there for a person when they need someone the most. Enrol now and be the difference when it matters most. Your actions can save lives!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Administer oxygen effectively in various emergency situations, understanding its importance in first aid.
- Define the role of a first aider and describe the key responsibilities in providing initial care.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) proficiently, understanding the life-saving techniques involved.
- Safely provide oxygen support to patients with respiratory distress due to COVID-19.
- Manage emergencies related to scuba diving injuries by administering emergency oxygen.
- Identify and operate oxygen equipment suitable for first aid scenarios.
- Select and employ appropriate delivery devices for oxygen administration while mitigating associated risks.
- Utilise a bag valve mask (BVM) effectively for patients requiring assisted ventilation and oxygen support.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines when handling oxygen in first aid situations.
Here is the Curriculum of the Course
- Module 01: Oxygen Administration
- Module 02: First Aid and First Aider
- Module 03: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Module 04: Oxygen Support for COVID-19 Patients
- Module 05: Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
- Module 06: Oxygen Equipment for First Aiders
- Module 07: Delivery Devices and Associated Risks
- Module 08: Bag Valve Mask (BVM)
- Module 09: Oxygen Safety
Here is What You Will Learn from this Course
Module 01: Oxygen Administration
You will gain an understanding of oxygen administration, its importance in emergencies, and how to use oxygen equipment.
Module 02: First Aid and First Aider
You will learn about the role of a first aider and their responsibilities in administering initial care.
Module 03: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
You will develop CPR skills, including chest compressions and rescue breaths, to assist individuals in cardiac arrest.
Module 04: Oxygen Support for COVID-19 Patients
You will understand the use of oxygen in supporting COVID-19 patients, contributing to their respiratory care.
Module 05: Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
You will learn how to administer emergency oxygen to treat scuba diving-related injuries, ensuring safety in aquatic emergencies.
Module 06: Oxygen Equipment for First Aiders
You will become familiar with various oxygen equipment used by first aiders to provide effective respiratory support.
Module 07: Delivery Devices and Associated Risks
You will explore oxygen delivery devices and their potential risks, ensuring safe and appropriate usage.
Module 08: Bag Valve Mask (BVM)
You will gain proficiency in using a bag-valve-mask (BVM) device for assisted ventilation in emergencies.
Module 09: Oxygen Safety
You will learn safety measures and protocols for handling oxygen, minimising risks associated with its administration.
Who is this course for?
- Healthcare professionals seeking to enhance their first aid skills, including nurses and paramedics.
- First aid responders and individuals responsible for safety in various settings, such as workplaces and recreational facilities.
- Teachers, childcare providers, and school staff who may encounter medical emergencies.
- Parents and caregivers interested in acquiring essential first aid knowledge.
- Anyone interested in being prepared to assist in medical emergencies.
This course has no set requirements for learning. All you need is a smart device, a reliable internet connection, and a basic command of English and you're good to go!
Here are a few careers you can opt for:
- First Aid Trainer (£18,000 - £35,000)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (£20,000 - £30,000)
- Paramedic (£25,000 - £40,000)
- Health and Safety Officer (£25,000 - £40,000)
- School Nurse (£25,000 - £35,000)
- Occupational Health Nurse (£25,000 - £40,000)
- First Responder (£18,000 - £30,000)
- Safety Coordinator (£20,000 - £35,000)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - £4.99
After successfully completing this course, you will qualify for the CPD QS Certified Certificate for £4.99.
Hardcopy Certificate of Completion
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
The hardcopy certificate for this course can be received by paying £9.99 each, for students living inside the UK. For international orders, the total fee is £14.99 (£9.99 Certification Fee + £5 postal charge).
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.