Add to basket or enquire
Are you looking to become qualified in first aid for mental health? Well in just one day you can with this course! Develop the confidence and knowledge to support your peers, colleagues and loved ones. Be able to calmly deliver non-judgemental support and first aid, and help those struggling with poor mental health.
Sign up today for a live class - with an experienced, first aid for mental health professional and gain a recognised qualification in the awareness of first aid for mental health.
FOR GROUP BOOKINGS - ENQUIRE NOW
What is Mental Health?
- It’s something that we all have.
- However, there is often a stigma attached to it.
- There shouldn’t be.
- Taking a soul focused approach means that we look at mental health in the way that it affects us emotionally, mentally, physically and socially.
- Our mental health affects how we think, feel and act and helps determine how we handle stress, relate to the people around us and make our life choices.
- Maintaining mental health is crucial to living a balanced and fulfilling life, from childhood to adolescence and all through our adult lives.
Soul focus helps parents, carers and educators with their mental health awareness.
By educating those working with children we have a ripple effect and create lasting change.
This enables you and the next generation to feel empowered and in control.
Assisting you in business so that you can relax, knowing that you are supported, ensuring your team are happy and productive.
What is First Aid for Mental Health?
Similar to physical first aid - you will be the first point of contact delivering vital, comforting support to someone before they gain access to extended services or professional support.
What will be covered?
- Mental health conditions
- Signs and symptoms
- What is First aid for Mental Health?
- How to start a supportive conversation or provide advice
- First Aid Action Plans for Mental Health
How will the day run?
In small relaxed groups, the content is delivered via Zoom, with self-paced learning time and breaks throughout the day, with plenty of time to ask questions and discuss the material so that you fully understand and have options that work for you.
Ongoing support is also available upon completion.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone working in a people-facing role
- HR and Management
- Parents and Adults who work with children
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
Although it is recommended to have some prior knowledge of first aid for mental health it is not a requirement.
Upon completing you will have a deeper understanding of various mental health conditions or illnesses and can take on the role of being a workplace mental health first aider or wellbeing champion.
You could also benefit from this course if you were looking to take up a supporting role in care or similar.