Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
This fire safety awareness course is a practical training course designed to guide learners through what to do in the case of a fire emergency and how to implement effective measures to be prepared and properly equipped to deal with different types of fires.
Ensuring the safety of residents is key for all care home staff; this includes effective fire safety planning and knowing how to assess the risk of fire, detecting any hazards within the premises. This training and awareness course explores the different classes of fire and how they behave and spread.
Our expert instructor will take you through how to carry out a risk assessment, correctly use a fire extinguisher, and much more, providing you with the critical skills to take control in the face of an emergency, adhering to best practice and fire safety regulations.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of fire emergency planning and procedures
- Understand the different classes of fire, including how they behave and spread
- Identify the common fire safety hazards in care homes and residential buildings
- Implement an effective fire evacuation plan for care home service users
- Locate and correctly use fire safety equipment, such as an extinguisher
- Assess fire risk in a premises and ensure competence and professionalism in the face of an emergency
Key Features of Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes Course:
Our trusted, high quality and affordable online courses are designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Accredited, quality CPD training
- Instant e-certificate and hard copy dispatch by next working day
- Fully online, interactive course with audio voiceover
- Course material developed by qualified professionals
- Self-paced learning accessible via laptop, tablet and smartphone
- 24/7 Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Module 1: Chemistry of Fire
In module one, we will learn about the chemical makeup of fires, the different categories of fire and how fires spread.
Module 2: Common Causes of Fire
In module two, we will explore some of the most common causes of fires and fire safety hazards that every qualified fire marshal should be aware of.
Module 3: Basic Safety Features in Buildings
In module three, we will look at fire safety design for buildings and the safety features that every residential premises should have.
Module 4: Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
In module four, we will be trained on how to use a fire extinguisher safely, effectively and correctly in the event of an emergency. We will also learn about the different types of fire extinguishers.
Module 5: What to do in Cases of Fire?
In module five, we will learn about fire evacuation measures and what to do in the case of a fire, covering essential planning and emergency procedures.
All of our courses are fully accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate. Also, you can have your printed certificate delivered by post (shipping cost £3.99). Our certifications have no expiry dates, although we do recommend that you renew them every 12 months.
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable for all care home staff, especially responsible persons in senior management roles, such as:
- Registered Care Home Managers
- Domiciliary Care Managers
- Nursing Home Managers
- Senior Care Assistants
- Fire Marshalls
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.