Add to basket or enquire
Our Fire Safety course with professional certification has been specially designed for care homes and how to take protective measures in those environments during fire emergencies. Enrol today for a limited-time discounted price and equip yourself with all the necessary skills & knowledge.
Ensuring the safety of residents is the number one priority of all care home staff; this includes basic fire safety and knowing how to assess the risk of a fire within the premises. The Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes- CPD Certified & RoSPA Approved course is a practical training course designed to guide learners through what to do in the case of a fire emergency, how to detect fire hazards and how to implement an effective evacuation plan to be prepared and properly equipped to deal with an emergency.
In addition, you will learn about the different classes of fire and how they behave and spread. Our expert instructor will take you through how to conduct a risk assessment, use emergency equipment such as extinguishers, and much more, providing you with the essential skills to take control in the face of an emergency with confidence and competence.
Highlights of the Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes- CPD Certified & RoSPA Approved :
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of fire emergency planning and procedures
- Understand the different classes of fire, including how they behave and spread
- Identify the common fire safety hazards in residential buildings
- Be able to implement an effective fire evacuation plan for care home service users
- Know how to locate and correctly use fire safety equipment, such as an extinguisher
- Ensure competence, compliance and professionalism in the face of an emergency
- Gain a solid understanding of the legal obligations of managers and senior staff
- Develop the practical skills and knowledge required to assess fire risk in a premises
This course is designed with the following modules:
Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable for all care home staff, especially responsible persons in senior management roles. It is ideal for anyone looking to get accredited training on basic fire safety for residential premises. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
The course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will gain knowledge which can be applied to a range of related professions, such as:
- Registered Care Home Manager
- Domiciliary Care Manager
- Nursing Home Manager
- Senior Care Assistant
- Fire Marshall
The average annual salary in the UK for these career opportunities is £18,500-£32,000.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.