Grays Medic Training Services
Add to basket or enquire
This online training course is designed to provide candidates with extensive knowledge of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and using fire extinguishers. The content has been tailored specifically for employees that work in care homes.
Note: This is a video course with a high-quality combination of up to date content, animation and presentation which contributes to a better retention of knowledge, whilst keep you interested and engaged. Please keep this in mind when you compare with other online courses in the market.
This course develop knowledge and understanding of the role as fire warden in care homes, including hazards and risks associated with fire, how fire risk is controlled, the principles and practice of fire safety management at work.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Statistics
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate. The Basic Fire Safety Awareness is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone responsible for overseeing fire safety in a care home setting.
- Designated fire marshals in a care home setting.
- Anyone who needs to know more about fire safety.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.