Elite Personnel Training
Add to basket or enquire
We have over 20 Health and Social Care courses check out our profile page to see them all.
Our one -on-one tutor led e-learning courses are packed with all the information needed to meet all statutory training requirements and remain compliant. Live pictures, animated graphics and the personality of the presenter form part of a very effective virtual learning environment.
Accredited by leading industry sector bodies
Our training courses cover:
- Health and Safety Training
- Fire Safety Training
- Health and Social Care Training
- Food Safety Training
- Business Skills Training
And with over 65 courses to choose from you are sure to find a course to meet your needs with Elite Personnel Training.
Note: This course requires Adobe Flash Player.
Fire marshals or fire wardens are civilians trained to assist in emergency fire evacuation procedures within businesses or other organisations.
There are legal obligations for workplaces to have a sufficient number of fire marshals, so that if a fire breaks out they are there to help deal with the fire.
Elite Personnel Training’s online Fire Marshal for Care Homes course will give you extensive knowledge of how to prevent a fire, using fire extinguishers and evacuation protocols. When it comes to fires in a care home setting a fire marshals job can be getting out the residents safely from the building some of these will be disabled or slow walking and extra care will need to be taken.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire?
- Fire Statistics
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
The Fire Marshal Course for Care Homes is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - RoSPA and approved by CPD Certification Service.
This course is a variation on the Fire Marshal course that contains information that is specific to employees of care and residential homes.
Duration 220 mins*
*The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions. Learners full name and valid email address are required to register for this online course, please allow 48 hrs for delivery via email of your login details.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone responsible for overseeing fire safety.
- Designated fire marshals.
- Anyone who needs to know more about fire safety.
- Specific to employees of care and residential homes.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.