Add to basket or enquire
Financial modelling helps us to analyse overall financial health of a company. In the current technology age, financial modelling has become the buzz word and automation is the key in today’s fast paced corporate world. With the numbers becoming complex, financial modelling has become time consuming, monotonous and exhaustive. With the use of computer software, you can do large complex calculations within fraction of seconds. You just have to click a button on the computer screen and it’s all done! But it is not that simple. It takes a lot of effort and time to build one such financial model to work on. You have to understand the basic concepts of finance, financial modelling; and, at the same time you have to be well versed with the software. You need to learn the relevant commands, functions and algorithm in excel.
What is Financial Modelling?
Financial modelling is designed to represent the financial portfolio of a firm, project, assignment or any other investment or performance of the financial assets of a firm. The model consists of performing various calculations about historic data and making recommendations for future actions. It helps summarise specific events of the company for the end user to take decisions regarding future plan of action and deciding alternatives. It is the task of building a model or an abstract representation of a real world financial situation. In simple terms, Financial Modelling is interpreting the historical data to make future decisions.
What are the advantages of using excel for Financial Modelling?
You can take your business and career to a higher level with the help of accurate and robust financial models. Nowadays everyone communicates through Excel language in the corporate world and you are also expected to be skilled and updated in this field. Microsoft Excel has become the first and foremost choice of finance professionals to carry out finance research activities. The financial model building process involves many interrelated calculations. Excel offers various user friendly financial analytical tools to make this process easier. Financial modelling process is made manageable using exceptional features of excel. Excel identifies and tracks all the linkage points involved in the calculations across the financial modelling process. Excel enables the user to test assumptions underlying financial models. Also it makes convenient for the user to run accurate sensitivity analysis. Professionals can share, distribute and consolidate the financial models with ease.
The basic tools used for financial modelling include common size financial statements, trend and pattern analysis, analysis of various ratios and industrial comparatives. Excel is used for such lengthy and complex calculations to avoid any calculation mistakes. Excel is used to interlink the formulas wherever required. So when the input changes, the result or the outcome will also change automatically. It reduces hassles at every stage of calculations.
This Financial Modelling using excel course gives you an overview of Financial Modelling. It focuses on calculations, assumptions, projections and applications of financial modelling. The course is divided in two sections. Each of these modules in the Financial Modelling using Excel course provides in-depth knowledge of the concepts.
- Financial Modelling using excel – An overview – This is an introductory section where you understand what is meant by financial modelling and the objective of the course.
- Financial Modelling using excel – This section is the main part of the course which deals with various aspects of financial modelling and the use of excel to complete the task. In this section, you will gain understanding about the procedure to prepare a financial model from scratch using excel.
- You will also be learning about major financial statements, diagrams, charts and their interpretation with the help of a case study.
- The case study makes you understand about schedules, how they are used to analyse the financial statements and to forecast the financial health of the company.
- The tutorial is designed to help you build an advanced financial model (step by step guide), understand the key links of Income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- The aim of the course is to make you understand the financial statements of a company, analysing the same, forecasting and projecting the future financial decisions for the company.
1. Financial Modelling Paint Sector
2. Financial Modelling IT Sector
3. Financial Modelling Education Sector
Who is this course for?
eduCBA brings a comprehensive course in Financial Modelling using Excel for your career enhancement. No matter if you are an Equity Research Analyst or an experienced Investment Banker, or a fresher in the financial market searching for a job. The course is completely suitable for everyone who wants to understand the financial modelling in depth and understand the mechanics of company valuation with the help of the latest technology (Excel). In this course you will learn in detail about financial modelling using excel with the help of a case study. You must take this course if you want to demonstrate superior excel skills at work from day one. The course is ideal for professionals, students, financial analysts, researchers and managers. You can also consider many career options after learning it thoroughly.
- This unique course is suitable for people in banking, business planning and strategy, commercial banks, equity research, project management, investment banking, equity research, private finance companies, accountants, portfolio managers, risk managers and all those who are or want to be a part of finance department in any kind of organisation.
- This course is ideal for you if you are pursuing CFA, MBA Finance, CA, FRM or any other financial management related course.
- This course is for everyone who wants to get involved in finance related decision making or professionals wants to explore the finance world.
- This course is very useful to any graduate (degree, diploma, B. Tech or engineering) who wants to make their career in finance.
- This course is for any individual who wants to learn it out of curiosity or for management of personal wealth.
There is no pre-learning required to learn financial modelling course. This unique Financial Modelling using excel course from eduCBA starts from the scratch and is easy to understand. If you want to upgrade your skills or want to make your career in financial management field, this is the right course for you. Though sound understanding of basic finance and accounting concepts, could be advantageous to learn the course. If you have already learnt financial fundamental concepts, terminology, valuation concepts, general business procedures, the course is easy to learn.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What are the differences between these courses? - FM with MS Excel - FM Using Excel Online Training - FM Using Excel - FM with Microsoft Excel
Hello Robert, There's no difference among the courses. It'd all be the same. This is only for those users who are looking Keyword Like FM and MS Excel. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is it appropriate to combine this course with an intermediate/advanced excel course or will there be a lot of repetition?
Hello, This course already contains Excel, Advanced excel. Yes there would hence be repetition. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.