CPD Online College
Add to basket or enquire
Our FGM Awareness course teaches you everything that you need to know about this practice and how to work to stop female genital mutilation (FGM).
Thousands of new cases of female genital mutilation (FGM) are reported every year in the UK alone. This barbaric practice must be stopped and this FGM Awareness course is the perfect way to raise your understanding of the practice and improve your ability to spot the warning signs.
This course covers the various types of FGM, the legislations that are in place to protect girls and young women from becoming a victim and how to recognise the signs when someone is vulnerable to FGM.
- Fully CPD registered
- Completed online with instant downloadable certificate
- Fully printed certificate posted next day
- Covers all required legislation and practices
- Complete the online multiple choice assessment as many times as you need to pass
- Unit 1 – Introduction to FGM: In the first unit of this course we will look at what FGM is and how young girls are impacted by this practice. The different countries and regions that commonly practice FGM will be explained, as well as the reasons why it is practiced including religious, social and cultural norms.
- Unit 2 – Types of FGM: This unit will look at the different types of female genital mutilation and the 4 main types of FGM practiced. The people who may carry out FGM will be introduced and the risks of each type explained. We will also look at the ‘medicalisation’ of FGM and what this means.
- Unit 3 – The Law Surrounding FGM: This unit will examine key policies and guidance put in place to protect individuals from FGM. Methods of how governments and groups are working to eradicate FGM will be explained. Various ways to become better educated in the practices of FGM will be covered, as well social change initiatives.
- Unit 4 – Recognising the signs of FGM: Next we will look at the health issues associated with FGM and the common effects of the practice. Both short and long term complications of FGM will be explained as well as common warning signs to look for in someone who may be at risk of this type of abuse.
- Unit 5 – Reporting Concerns: Finally we will move on to look at how concerns should be reported regarding FGM. The mandatory duties of various people will be explained, as well as how to assess the risk of FGM. Support, communication and reporting channels will be covered so that you know exactly what to do if you suspect someone may be at risk of FGM.
How does it work?
This course is studied through out innovative online system which allows you to enrol and complete your training any time, 24/7. The simple and intuitive design of our system means the focus is on the course materials and no time is wasted getting used to how things work.
Simply work through each slide on the course, which are ticked off on your progress bar as you go, and then take the multiple choice quiz to pass. Should you need to attempt the quiz multiple times you can do so - we set no limits on how many times you can attempt the quiz.
Once you finish you can download a copy of your certificate immediately. We also send out a hard copy in the post the very next day.
Our courses are designed and written by industry experts in their field from all over the word. Once written, our in-house staff work hard to get the materials on to our innovative system and ensure they are easy to navigate, simple and clear.
We never limit how long you have on a course with us. So study at your own pace safe in the knowledge that you can work on your course for as long as you need. Most people take around 2 hours to finish each of our courses but if you need longer or wish to take a break and come back to your studies you can.
A certificate from the CPD Online College is a mark of quality. Our courses are fully accredited with the CPD Certification Service which means we have met their strict criteria for continuous professional development courses.
Once you a pass a course with us, you can download and print a copy of your certificate immediately. We also send out a hard copy, printed in full colour on glossy 170GSM paper, the very next day via first class royal mail. This paper certificate means your studying is fully recognised and you can show off your certificate to you friends, family and colleagues.
Help and guidance
All of our courses are backed by our helpful staff who are here to help every step of the way. Using our online chat you can get real time support if you ever get stuck. Alternatively you can call us to speak with one of the team over the phone.
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for people who work around younger children and teenagers. This includes:
- Care workers
- Nursery practitioners
- Health care assistants
There are no previous requirements to study this course.
Perfect for people who work around children and teenagers.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.