Add to basket or enquire
Is your career in the fashion industry? Or would you like it to be?
If you’re a natural at styling and love everything to do with fashion, there are endless opportunities to advance your skills and boost your career or begin a new one. Fashion store Assistant & Personal Shopper is specifically designed to groom and guide you all the way.
It’s becoming more and more popular for people who don’t have the time or a natural flair with styling to consult an expert to help with an image make-over, wardrobe transformation or outfits for particular occasions. Many shops now employ a specifically trained personal shopper to help make shopping more effective and also to improve the shopping experience for customers.
During this course, you’ll learn all the technical, creative and personal skills you need to help clients make the most of their appearance and be a style guru. You’ll get an in depth knowledge of the history of fashion and discover where familiar trends started. We’ll tell you about the influential designers that shape the world of fashion and how to keep up with the most recent changes. Having this strong foundation in the development of fashion through the past decades really helps identify how to suit particular styles to individual clients.
- to respectfully help your client to develop a positive self image.
- to assess all body shapes, use fashion to streamline outlines to achieve flattering proportions and identify what to avoid.
- the full range of colour tones in skin, hair and eyes and how to enhance each to achieve amazing effects.
- how to advise on personal grooming, skin and hair care.
- to work with clients personal style and recognise which areas need improving.
These skills are invaluable if you already work in the fashion world or if you’re plan a career there.
To help you excel in fashion retail, we’ve included two modules that focus directly on developing in-depth skills and knowledge that will help you turbo charge your career!
You’ll learn about:
- Understanding consumer motivation
- Needs, wants and attitudes
- The consumer decision process
- Seducing customers with excellent customer service
- Building long term relationships with customers
- Dealing with pressurized and challenging situations
- How to put your Personal Shopper and Stylist skills to full use.
- How to up sell and cross sell effectively to boost sales.
- Specific selling strategies that connect directly with customers.
Use this uniquely focused course to plan or significantly boost your career in fashion retail and styling.
Module 1 : Profession of a Personal Shopper
- What is a Personal Shopper?
- Types of Personal Shopper.
- Colour analysis.
- Body shape.
- Hair and Make Up
Module 2 : Planning Advice
- Personal analysis of your client : interview and questionnaire.
- Wardrobe analysis.
- Basics of a wardrobe.
- Complementary accessories.
Module 3 : Fashion and Trends
- Fashion history
- International fashion
Module 4 : Communication and Protocol
- Social Events
- Social Protocol
Module 5 : Career Guidance
- Promotion and marketing: how to attract customers
Module 6 : Understand consumer behaviour and excel in customer service
- Understanding consumer motivation
- Consumer attitudes
- The consumer decision process
- Seduce customers with excellent service
- Build long term relationships with customers
- After sales service – handling complaints and returns
- Typical complaints and how to handle them
- Staying cool under pressure – dealing with challenging situations
Module 7 : Make your shop a magnet to customers
- Put your Personal Shopper and Stylist skills to full use
- Up sell with hair and makeup styling
- Selling accessories
- Working with your clients budget
- Selling tips to help identify your customers’ needs
- Ideas to grow your retail presence
- In-store tips that boost sales
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to work in a fashion department of a large store or boutique
People working in a fashion store who want to improve their customer relationship and selling skills
Everyone who lives and breathes fashion, and would love a job in the industry
Sales assistants who want to improve the shopping experience for customers
Boutique owners who need to increase sales
No previous experience or requirements necessary.
There are many areas where you can put your skills to use:
- Personal shopper in a shop of any size.
- Personal shopper for a shopping centre.
- Image consultant to corporate clients, politicians, celebrities, media personalities.
- Freelance Stylist for individuals, magazine fashion shoots, celebrity shots, advertising shoots, wedding party etc.
Add invaluable, practical retail training.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi I work in retail I do personnel shop with my job around my store I'm only sales adviser but have customers Dailey asking for my help
The courses are fully online. You will have access to your Virtual Campus account any time, day or night so you will be able to complete the course at your own pace over the generous time of 45 consecutive days. Once you register, you will have 12 months to activate your course. All course materials are available online and there are no additional costs involved in completing the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Vanda miller asked:
How much does the course cost
The price of the offer includes the Fashion Store Assistant and Personal Shopper course, unlimited access to the course content and a certificate of completion issued by the course provider.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi I just want to know this £10 fee course is for 50 hours cours or just paying this fee to Reed
The price includes the Fashion Store Assistant and Personal Shopper course, unlimited access to the course content and a certificate of completion issued by the course provider.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.