Add to basket or enquire
Fashion Design Diploma Course - CPD Accredited
The fashion design course was written for students who are interested in working in the steadily growing fashion industry. With this online training course, you will have all the information necessary to successfully begin a career in this field.
Fashion design enables individuals to study fashion trends, sketch ideas and create designs. As you work through this course, you will gain a comprehensive overview of the design industry, elements of design and career options within the field.
This convenient online course provides students with the unique opportunity to learn course material at their own pace. You will have access to comprehensive study material 24 hours a day ensuring that you can study anytime, anywhere.
Many individuals who take the course are still able to work full time, which ensures that you can maintain your current lifestyle whilst working toward achieving your career goals.
You can access this course from any internet-enabled device. As you work through the programme, you will find the short, flexible modules incredibly easy to navigate. However, if you find you have any questions, you can access online support while you train.
Before receiving your diploma, you must complete and pass a multiple-choice exam. After successfully passing your course, you can download your diploma right from home. If you prefer, we can post it to you at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The fashion design course will cover the following information:
- An introduction to common fashion terminology
- The skills necessary to become a fashion designer
- The five stages of a fashion cycle
- The history of fashion
- The elements and principles of fashion design
- How to conduct fashion market research and identify your target customer
- Fashion design forecasting
- How to create mood boards
- Fashion design sketching
- Garment sample stages
- An overview of material terminology
- The main fibre groups used in the fashion industry
- Textile fibres and their properties
- An overview of fabric construction
- Fabric performance characteristics and finishes
- How to source materials, trims and contractors
- Draping, cutting and sewing essentials
- Sewing techniques for fashion design
- Sizing and grading
- Garment support and structure
- Buttons, enclosures and finishes
- Garment construction
- Fittings, revisions and costing
- Garment tech packages
- Finding a clothing manufacturer and preparing for mass production
- Making your clothing line, domain name and trademark
- Creating your business plan
- Financing your line and finding resources in the United Kingdom
- Selling and marketing your fashions
- Finding models and launching a fashion show
- Careers in fashion design
- Starting your own fashion design business
- The fashion industry in the United Kingdom
- Preparing and presenting your portfolio
Benefits of the Fashion Design Course Diploma
When you work towards earning your fashion design diploma, you will benefit from the following:
- The ability to study from anywhere at any time that works for you, as long as there is an internet connection
- Study at your own pace. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course
- The ability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones or tablets
- You benefit from easy to manage modules, which help to make studying a gratifying experience
- Convenient online support is available to help you stay on the right track
- Access to a comprehensive syllabus, which puts you on the fast track to becoming an expert in the field
- Improve your prospects while applying for opportunities in the design industry
- Receive a certified diploma that is respected in the industry
- An affordable pricing structure
Module 1: Introduction to Fashion Design
Module 2: The History of Fashion
Module 3: The Elements and Principles of Fashion Design
Module 4: Mood Boards, Design Development, and Sketching
Module 5: Understanding Textile Fibres, Yarns, and Fabrics
Module 6: Fabric Sourcing, Patternmaking, Sizing, and Measurements
Module 7: Completing Your Pattern, Garment Construction, and Draping Techniques
Module 8: Garment Structure, Garment Tech Packs and Pre-Production
Module 9: Creating, Financing, and Marketing a Clothing Label
Module 10: The Fashion Industry, Career Opportunities, Resources in the UK and Developing Your Brand
Who is this course for?
No entry requirements
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.