Add to basket or enquire
Family disputes are always messy, and family law practitioners are the ideals to help clean the mess. Hence, family law is the branch of law that requires more than an attorney’s persuasion and negotiation skills.
Family law is primarily concerned with managing family relationships — including marriage and divorce, the care of children, and related economic issues. Family lawyers play a critical role in assisting families during the most challenging time of their lives with their legal expertise and extraordinary empathy. This Family Law course will guide you through the whole spectrum of family law and the skills you need to seek a worthwhile career in the relevant field.
In this family law course, you will gain an in-depth understanding of family law and how it is different from civil litigation. You will also explore the basics of family law related to marriage and civil partnerships. Moreover, this course will give you an excellent overview of divorce law — covering its crucial aspects like property and finance division, custody and support in divorce and more. This family law course is the perfect learning package for you to get a comprehensive insight into the principles of family law in the UK.
Sounds like the discipline you want to study? Then enrol in the course today and pave the way for establishing a flourishing career in family law.
Our FAMILY LAW course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme, ensuring your newly acquired skills will enhance your professional development.
What will I learn from this Family Law course:
- Familiarise yourself with the core concepts and functions of family law.
- Get to know the development of marital laws and formalities of marriage.
- Learn the steps of forming a civil partnership and cohabitation.
- Develop a precise understanding of the difference between civil partnership and marriage.
- Strengthen your knowledge of the grounds on which a marriage is void.
- Understand the relationship between nullity and divorce.
- Become well acquainted with the basic presumptions of modern divorce and the divorce process.
- Explore the underlying principles of child custody and access.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the adoption process, child support and parental responsibilities.
- Become familiar with domestic violence and the development of law on domestic violence.
- Learn about gender equality and feminist perspectives on family law.
Why People Enrol this FAMILY LAW Course From One Education:
- Eligibility for an endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the FAMILY LAW course
- Learning materials of our FAMILY LAW course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all FAMILY LAW course content for a full year
- Complete the FAMILY LAW course at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our FAMILY LAW course
This masterclass Family Law online training course is designed by industry experts and will give you an in-depth understanding of this topic. The Family Law course features easy-to-digest modules that break down each topic and ensure all our students receive an unrivalled and thorough learning experience.
If you want to work in this rapidly growing sector and stand out from the competition, then our Family Law course is the perfect place to kickstart your dream career.
On the Family Law course, we guarantee that you will gain relevant skills and acquire tremendous knowledge on the subject. The certificate you’ll achieve after completing the Family Law course will help you land the job you want in a related field.
Enjoy a pleasant and professional 100% online learning experience and enrol in our Family Law course today and take control of your career!
Here is a curriculum breakdown of the Family Law course:
Module 1: Introduction to Family Law
- Concept of Family
- What Is Family Law?
- The Changing Face of Family Law
- How Family Law Differs from Civil Litigation?
- The Function of Family Law
- Family Law and Human Rights
Module 2: Framing Family Law
- Personal Obligations
- Basic Values and Family Law
- Family and Friendship Values
- Traditional Family Values
- Family Law’s Doctrines
Module 3: Marriage in Family Law
- Development of Marital Laws
- Formalities of Marriage
- The Marriage Ceremony
Module 4: Civil Partnership and Cohabitation
- Civil Partnership
- Who Can Enter a Civil Partnership?
- Forming a Civil Partnership
- Pre-Registration Agreements
- Annulling a Civil Partnership
- Ending a Civil Partnership
- Differences between Civil Partnership and Marriage
- Unmarried Cohabiting Couples
Module 5: Nullity in Marriage
- Types of Marriage
- Grounds on which a Marriage Is Void
- Annulling Voidable Marriages
- Comparison of Void and Voidable Marriages
- Relationship between Nullity and Divorce
Module 6: Divorce and Family Law
- A Historical Perspective
- The Basic Presumptions of Modern Divorce
- The Grounds for Divorce
- The Five Facts
- Causes of Divorce
- The Divorce Process
Module 7: Child Custody
- Introduction to Child Custody
- Children Act Proceedings
- Who Gets the Custody?
- Child Custody and Access
- Joint Residency
- Custody Disputes
Module 8: Property and Finance on Divorce
- Concept of Maintenance
- Financial Orders
- Property Orders
- The Statutory Criteria
- Court’s Considerations
- Financial Needs, Obligations and Responsibilities
Module 9: Child Support and Family Law
- Child Support
- Determining Child Support
- Parental Responsibility
- Qualifying Child
- The Child Support Agency
- The Child Support Act 1991
- Child Support Acts 1991-95 as Amended
- Children with Exceptional Needs
Module 10: Adoption Process
- What Is Adoption?
- Who Is Adopted?
- Who Can Be Adopted?
- Who Can Adopt?
- Who Can Arrange Adoption?
- Adoption Agencies
- The Making of Adoption Order
- Parental Orders
- The Welfare of the Child
Module 11: Domestic Violence
- What Is Domestic Violence?
- Forms of Abuse
- The Incidence of Domestic Violence
- Impact of Domestic Violence on Children
- Causes of Domestic Violence
- The Development of the Law on Domestic Violence
- Injunctions and Orders Under the Family Law Act 1996
Module 12: Gender Equality in Family Law
- Welfare, Rights, Care and Gender in Family Law
- Gender, Rights, Responsibilities and Social Policy
- Work, Parental Responsibilities, and Gender Equity
- Child Protection, Gender, and Rights
- Public Norms and Private Lives
Module 13: Feminist Perspectives on Family Law
- Feminism and Families
- Issues in Family Law Concerning Feminism
- Feminist Contributions to Family Law
- Decisions about Becoming a Mother
- Feminism on Domestic Violence
- Feminist Perspectives on Youth Justice
How is the FAMILY LAW Course assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully completing the FAMILY LAW course, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their achievement. The hardcopy of this certificate of achievement endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme can be ordered and received straight to your home by post, by paying —
- Within the UK: £109
- International: £109 + £10 (postal charge) = £119
IAO Accredited Certification from One Education
After successfully completing this FAMILY LAW course, you will qualify for the IAO accredited certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in both PDF & hardcopy format, which can be received by paying —
- PDF Certificate: £9
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Who is this course for?
This FAMILY LAW course is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this FAMILY LAW course. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The FAMILY LAW course is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and being over the age of 16.
This FAMILY LAW course will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this FAMILY LAW course. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course based on UK law or US?
Dear Tamsin, Thank you for your question. This course is based on UK law, it is the perfect learning package for you to get a comprehensive insight into the principles of family law in the UK. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.