This comprehensive course on Facilities Management is a great choice for those individuals who have an interest in the field of facilities; either as an existing professional in the sector or with a desire to enter the industry and looking to master the key skills that they need to embark upon a rewarding and successful career as a Facilities Manager.
Divided into ten thought-provoking and interactive modules, this course delivers all of the skills, knowledge and information that you need to kick start your learning and become an effective and highly skilled Facilities Manager.
Existing Facilities Managers can use this course to reinforce and consolidate their current knowledge and to gain more specialist knowledge in other niche areas that they may not have had direct exposure to.
Those without any formal experience in facilities management will benefit from the all-encompassing scope of the course and practical application that the course offers.
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
What you will learn
This course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more:
- An introduction to the management discipline of facilities management, including its operational and strategic importance in an organisation
- They key skills needed to become a successful Facilities Manager and how to progress your career in the field
- Tried and tested methods of managing and utilising space, including space efficiency sourcing new premises and managing moves of premises
- The management of workplace services, including heating and lighting, security, catering, cleaning, repairs and maintenance, IT systems, workplace furniture, parking and waste disposal
- Effective methods of managing people including employees, contractors and suppliers and your legal responsibilities towards these parties
- Procurement and vendor management within facilities, including dealing with suppliers, the importance of effective negotiation and different types of leases of premises
- Health and safety at work, including risk assessments and risk mitigation, fire safety and first aid
- How to maintain quality control in facilities management, including the utilisation of effective maintenance strategies and common types of maintenance arrangements
- The parallels between project management and facilities management and how to successfully structure a facilities project
- Dealing with cost management and ways to reduce costs throughout the organisation, plus how to work with common financial documents such as budgets, balance sheets and asset registers
If you are seriously considering a career in facilities management, this course is the ideal starting point for you. It is also particularly useful for those with some previous experience in the field where they can apply their direct knowledge to the topic areas. However, this course has been specifically designed to require no previous knowledge of facilities management.
Benefits of taking the course
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines: complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study on, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the course easily thanks to interesting, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge you need to work in facilities management
- Earn a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 14 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Successful Facilities Management
- Module 2: Managing Space Requirements and Space Planning
- Module 3: Managing Workplace Services
- Module 4: Managing Employees and Contractors
- Module 5: Leases, Purchasing and Vendor Management
- Module 6: Health and Safety at Work
- Module 7: Co-ordinating Maintenance and Repairs
- Module 8: Facilities Management Projects
- Module 9: Managing Costs and Business Continuity Planning
- Module 10: The Environment and Corporate Social Responsibility in Facilities Management
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Allen Syms asked:
Is this a diploma course and is a diploma awarded upon successfully completing this course.
Yes, you get a Diploma on successful completion of the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
theresa lorraine goulden asked:
I have cleaning services experience would this course help me working towards a new career in management
Yes, it will help but we cannot really comment on job prospects unfortunately.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
John Paul Machibya asked:
It is a bit difficult to study on line due to network problems on the area I stay. Is this possible to study by postal correspondence course? Advice
Unfortunately, this course is only available as an online option at this time.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can payment for this course be made in two instalments? And if yes, how can I go about it?
No, it needs to be in one payment - sorry.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How many assigment and words to achieve this coursw
Hi Feroz, there are some multiple choice questions at the end of each section and a final test at the end but there are no assignments as such.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How can it be that this course claims to provide a diploma but also clearly states "no formal" qualification ?
It is not a nationally recognised Certification such as a City & Guilds. It is a CPD Certified Diploma.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can this certificate count towards a FM qualification.
No, it cannot be used as a shortcut to gain the FM Qualification.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.