Add to basket or enquire
Get two courses for the price of one. Enroll in this course and grab the opportunity of getting an additional Facilitation Skills course.
Fast-track your career as a facilities manager or facilities leader with the Facilities Management Diploma. This diploma course is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that ensures professional, reputable certification for further education.
This intensive diploma course is ideal for beginners in this field or those who wish to develop their existing skills. It offers practical training starting with an introduction to facilities management and the role of a facilities manager. You will explore the facility life cycle in-depth, and the process of overseeing and maintaining all business operations efficiently.
Throughout this course, you will develop essential project management, strategic planning, logistic, and communications skills which you can apply in everyday work activities. This course includes practical exercises which you can study in your own time. On successful completion, you will have the expertise to make effective business decisions in day-to-day operations, and ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Get a sweeping overview of facilities management.
- Carry out duties with a highly-trained level of skill, talents and on-the-ground knowledge.
- Explore a wide range of service types within facilities management.
- Understand the welfare facilities required in the workplace.
- Recognise the core connection between sustainable development and facilities management.
- Familiarise with the productive operations of facilities management in a variety of businesses.
- Explore the operational areas to improve, and be aware of all changing regulations in the industry.
- Gain an understanding of the processes involves in managing physical property.
- Realise the impact of decisions made on every other part of the facility.
- Learn the objectives of facility management in real estate.
- Respond to emergencies calmly and speedily.
- Fix issues and follow procedures in facilities management.
- Increase efficiency and reduce waste while keeping people safe.
- Allow teams to work productively and separate the high performers from the rest.
- Prepare documents and reports on inefficiency and issues.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of building assets effectively.
- Gather resources and infrastructure required to perform crucial functions effectively and efficiently, within an organisation.
Module 1: Facility Management
Introduction to Facility Management
- What is FM?
- The Strategic Role of Facilities Management
- The Nature of Facility Management
- Management of the Organisation
- Lease Administration
- The Development of a Facility Management Philosophy
- Sourcing Facilities Services
- Facilities Management: A World Of Skilled Work
- Importance of Facility Management
- What Benefits Does Facilities Management Offer?
- How is a Facility Correctly Managed?
Terms and Definitions
- Asset register
- Building fabric
- Building management system (BMS)
- Building physicist
- Computer-aided facilities management system (CAFM)
- Computer-aided maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Facilities maintenance
- Maintenance plan
- Maintenance policy
- Maintenance strategy
- Operational plan
- Plus much more
Module 2: Facilities Management in the Workplace
- Buying Gas, Electricity and Water
- How to Get the Best Deal
- Large Energy Users
- Combined Heat And Power
- Integrated Power
- Open Systems in Building Control
- Avoiding Power Failures
- Checking Utility Invoices
- Meter-Reading Errors
- Measuring Energy Efficiency
- Improvement Programmes
- Plus much more
Module 3: Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development and Facilities Management?
- The Growing Age of Facilities Management
- De?nitions of Facilities Management
- Business Challenges for FM
- Global Maturity of Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development?
- What Does Sustainable Development Mean?
- Corporate Responsibility
- Global Alliance for Building Sustainably (GABS) Charter
- Requirements for Facilities Managers
- Strategic Challenges
- Performance Indicators
Facilities Life Cycle
- Life Cycle Facilities Approach
- Sustainable Buildings
- Building Life Cycle
- Whole-Life Value
- Design, Build, Finance, Operate (DBFO)
- Corporate Strategy
- Achievement of Business Benefit
Module 4: Facility Operations
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency Programme
- Performing an Energy Audit
- Preliminary Audit
- Costs Savings
- Comprehensive Audit
- Training Programme
- Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Plus much more
Module 5: Operations and Maintenance
- Contracting and Types of Contracts
- The Major Advantages of Job Order Contracting are
- Elimination of Change Orders
- Facility Operations
- Plant Operations
- Energy Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Other Waste
- Inventory Management
Module 6: Facilities Maintenance Planning, Budgeting and Method
Facilities Maintenance Planning
- Assessment of Maintenance Planning
- Facility Assets and Maintenance Resources
- Maintenance Planning Process
Maintenance Costs, Finance and Methods
- Maintenance Methods
- Planned Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance
- Unplanned Maintenance
Factors Affecting Maintenance
- Health and Safety
- Initial Review
- Materials and Components
Module 7: Performance and Installations Management
Performance and Information Management
- Quality Control
- Frequency of Inspection
- Information Management
- Records and Documents
- Building Log-book and Building Manual
- Specifications and Schedules
- Mechanical installations
- Electrical installations
- Fire protection
- Building management system
- Manuals, registers and inventories
- Structure of maintenance manual
- Engineering installations
Module 8: Project Management
- Project Definition
- Project Characteristics
- Project Performance Dimensions
- Project Life Cycle
- Conceptualisation Phase
- Life Cycle Path
- Project Classification
- Project Management
- Benefits of Project Management Approach
- Economic and Market Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Objectives of Environmental Impact Studies
- Plus much more
Module 9: Human Resource Management
- What is Human Resource?
- What is HRM?
- The Role of HRM
- Development of Workplace Policies
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Training and Development
- Dealing with Laws Affecting Employment
- Strategic HRM
- Functions of Human Resource Management
- What Do We Mean by ‘Multiculturalism’?
- Multiculturalism and the UK
- The Benefits of Multiculturalism in the Workplace
- How Can Language Translation Support Multiculturalism?
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Plus much more
Module 10: Real Estate Management, Client Delivery Models & Outsourcing
Real Estate Management
- What is Real Estate?
- Purchase or Lease?
- The Buy-Lease Analysis
- Advantages of Purchasing
- Advantages of Leasing
- The Negotiating Process
- Site Selection and Acquisition
- Plus much more
Client Delivery Models
- Client Delivery Models as Strategic Partnerships
- In-House Delivery Model
- Bundled Contracts (Or Single Sourced Service)
- Total Facilities Management
Outsourcing of Services or In-House Staff
- What is Outsourcing?
- Why Do Companies Outsource?
- Cost Reduction
- Access to More Talent
- Speedy Hiring Process
- Fresh Perspectives
- Plus much more
In order to complete the course successfully, learners are required to take an online MCQ exam. This exam will be assessed automatically, and learners will instantly know whether they have been successful. Learners need to achieve 60% of the marks to pass the exam. If anyone fails to achieve 60% in the first attempt, they can retake the exam one more time without any additional fee.
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate of achievement from ABC & Certa Awards by paying the accreditation fee of £108. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is this course for?
To become a successful facilities manager, you need a specific skill set and level of expertise that cannot be obtained without adequate training. To climb to the top of the career ladder and boost your earning potential, you will need specialist knowledge that will be provided in this Facilities Management course. Facilities managers play a crucial role in maintaining high standards in buildings and services. Anyone who wishes to advance their prospects in this field will need to complete mandatory studies. Professionals who want to set up their own business will also benefit from the invaluable training this course provides.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
This Facilities Management Diploma provides expert training to fast-track your career, whether you’re new to facilities management or want to build on your skills. Other career opportunities and roles in this field include:
- Asset Manager
- Property Manager
- Construction Manager
- Energy Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
- Operations Manager
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
What is the exam fee for this course?
Dear Skye, Good morning. The exam fee is included in the course price. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Faith Law asked:
Does this facilities management course comes with full support from the course tutor?
Dear Faith, Good morning. If you require support, our experienced tutors are always available to help you throughout the comprehensive syllabus of the "Facilities Management" course and answer all your queries. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.Leave a review