Add to basket or enquire
Are you interested in becoming a facilities manager or facilities leader? Is your job role relates to keeping the facility alive?
Our exclusive online diploma provides a comprehensive yet edible overview of the discerning topics and disciplines a qualified facilities manager must master in order to excel in facilities management.
This course is developed by industry expert professionals to address the roles and functions of a facilities manager, explain how a capable facilities manager contributes to the processes and operations carried out during the post-construction of buildings. Besides, you will get the opportunity to gain practical expertise and understanding of this diverse and fast-moving industry.
Leave this course equipped with the skills and knowledge that you can immediately apply in your day to day activities as a facilities management professional.
Through practising a range of proven tactics and theories, you will be able to make strategic business decisions and ensure everything works harmoniously together.
Benefits of studying Facilities Management Diploma with Janets include:
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
Learning Outcomes of the Facilities Management Diploma:
- Gain a good comprehension of the facility management
- Learn more about the welfare facilities are required in the workplace
- Understand the link between sustainable development and facilities management
- Identify the broad facility life cycle stages
- Carefully focus on the productive operations of a variety of businesses
- Classify the variations between operations and maintenance
- Learn the most effective method of delivering projects within cost, schedule, and resource limitations
- Get a sweeping overview of the faculty of human resource management
- Know the purpose of facility management in real estate
- Have a better understanding of outsourcing of services or in-house staff
- Gain sufficient knowledge to aid in the maintenance and management of building assets effectively
Facilities Management Diploma
The Facilities Management Diploma course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the Facilities Management Diploma course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Module 01: Introduction to Facility Management
- What is FM?
- The Strategic Role of Facilities Management
- The Nature of Facility Management
- Management of the Organisation
- Lease Administration
- The Development of a Facility Management Philosophy
- Sourcing Facilities Services
- Facilities Management: A World Of Skilled Work
- Importance of Facility Management
- What Benefits Does Facilities Management Offer?
- How is a Facility Correctly Managed?
Module 02: Workplace Facilities
- Buying Gas, Electricity and Water
- How to Get the Best Deal
- Large Energy Users
- Combined Heat And Power
- Integrated Power
- Open Systems in Building Control
- Avoiding Power Failures
- Checking Utility Invoices
- Meter-Reading Errors
- Measuring Energy Efficiency
- Improvement Programmes
- Wastewater Management
- European Community Directives
- Preventing Water Pollution
- Main Causes of Contamination
- Best Management Practices
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
- Indoor Air Quality
- The Effect of Equipment on Air Quality
- Saving Energy and Improving Quality
- Choosing Equipment
- Air Conditioning
- The Need for Air Conditioning
- Waste Management
- Responsibility for Profitability
- A Sustainable Resource
- Company Restaurant Facilities
Module 03: Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development and Facilities Management?
- The Growing Age of Facilities Management
- De?nitions of Facilities Management
- Business Challenges for FM
- Global Maturity of Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development?
- What Does Sustainable Development Mean?
- Corporate Responsibility
- Relationship between FM and Sustainability
- Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
- Global Alliance for Building Sustainably (GABS) Charter
- Requirements for Facilities Managers
- Strategic Challenges
- Knowledge Management
- Performance Indicators
Module 04: Facilities Life Cycle
- Life Cycle Facilities Approach
- Sustainable Buildings
- Building Life Cycle
- Whole-Life Value
- Design, Build, Finance, Operate (DBFO)
- Corporate Strategy
- Achievement of Business Bene?t
Module 05: Operations of Facilities
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Ef?ciency Programme
- Performing an Energy Audit
- Preliminary Audit
- Costs Savings
- Comprehensive Audit
- Development and Implementation of a Monitoring and Targeting Strategy
- Training Programme
- Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Catering and Vending
- Computers And Electrical Equipment
- Operational Waste Management and Recycling
Module 06: Operations and Maintenance
- Contracting and Types of Contracts
- The Major Advantages of Job Order Contracting are
- Elimination of Change Orders
- Facility Operations
- Plant Operations
- Energy Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Other Waste
- Inventory Management
Module 07: Project Management
- Project Definition
- Project Characteristics
- Project Performance Dimensions
- Project Life Cycle
- Conceptualisation Phase
- Life Cycle Path
- Project Classification
- Project Management
- Benefits of Project Management Approach
- Project Identification and Formulation
- Project Formulation Concept
- Opportunity Studies
- Pre-feasibility Studies / Opportunity Studies
- Feasibility Study
- Economic and Market Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Objectives of Environmental Impact Studies
- Financial Analysis
- Risk and Uncertainty
- Project Appraisal
Module 08: Human Resource Management
- What is Human Resource?
- What is HRM?
- The Role of HRM
- Development of Workplace Policies
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Training and Development
- Dealing with Laws Affecting Employment
- Strategic HRM
- Functions of Human Resource Management
- Diversity and Multiculturism
- What Do We Mean by ‘Multiculturalism’?
- Multiculturalism and the UK
- The Benefits of Multiculturalism in the Workplace
- How Can Language Translation Support Multiculturalism?
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Recruitment Planning
- Identifying Vacancy
- Job Analysis
- Job Description
- Recruitment Strategy
- Internal Sources
Module 09: Real Estate
- What is Real Estate?
- Purchase or Lease?
- The Buy-Lease Analysis
- Advantages of Purchasing
- Advantages of Leasing
- The Negotiating Process
- Site Selection and Acquisition
- Site Selection Team
- Property Management
- Organisation and Documentation
Module 10: Outsourcing of Services or In-House Staff
- What is Outsourcing?
- Why Do Companies Outsource?
- Cost Reduction
- Access to More Talent
- Speedy Hiring Process
- Fresh Perspectives
- Downfalls of Outsourcing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Outsourcing
- Advantages of Outsourcing
- Disadvantages of Outsourcing
- Working with Contractors
- Types of Contractors
- General Contractors
- The Homeowner’s Responsibility
Upon successful completion of the course, you can instantly download your e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99 and PDF Certificate at £4.99.
Who is this course for?
This Facilities Management Diploma course is perfect for Facilities managers or management professionals who want to know about Facilities Management and people who have an interest in getting involved with the Facilities Management industry.
After completing this Facilities Management Diploma course and with experience, you could progress to a Facilities managers role, or move into Facilities Management work.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Please could you explain me Access to content: 12 months, what does it mean? I thank you
Dear Silvana, Thank you for contacting us. Once you purchase any course, you will have one-year access to the course, and you can complete the course anytime within a year. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.