Add to basket or enquire
The Facilities Management Diploma + Facilitation Skills bundle offers complete specialist knowledge of all areas regarding the maintenance of buildings and services. By combining this ABC award course with a CPD course, learners will be fully equipped with the practical skills and in-depth information to fast track their career and gain complete expertise
The Facilities Management Diploma is a beginners course, designed to give learners a comprehensive understanding of facilities operations, maintenance and planning. Topics include performance measurement, budgeting, project management and sustainable development. Throughout this course, learners will expand their knowledge of key performance indicators (KPISs) and will explore control measures for ensuring a quality standard of services. This course is endorsed by ABC Awards – a regulated organisation that provides professional, reputable certification for further education.
The Facilitation Skills course offers quality training for aspiring facilitators who want to expand their knowledge of the framework required for effective facilitation. It covers essential topics such as dealing with difficult people, building consensus, and addressing group dysfunction. Throughout the course, learners will develop crucial skills in active listening, conflict solving and communication, and will be introduced to a wide range of intervention techniques to fast track their career. There are no entry requirements for this training program.
- Get a sweeping overview of facilities management.
- Carry out duties with a highly-trained level of skill, talents and on-the-ground knowledge.
- Explore a wide range of service types within facilities management.
- Understand the welfare facilities required in the workplace.
- Recognise the core connection between sustainable development and facilities management.
- Familiarise with the productive operations of facilities management in a variety of businesses.
- Explore the operational areas to improve, and be aware of all changing regulations in the industry.
- Gain an understanding of the processes involves in managing the physical property.
- Realise the impact of decisions made on every other part of the facility.
- Learn the objectives of facility management in real estate.
- Respond to emergencies calmly and speedily.
- Fix issues and follow procedures in facilities management.
- Increase efficiency and reduce waste while keeping people safe.
- Allow teams to work productively and separate the high performers from the rest.
- Prepare documents and reports on inefficiency and issues.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of building assets effectively.
- Gather resources and infrastructure required to perform crucial functions effectively and efficiently, within an organisation.
- Develop the key skills and practical knowledge to create an inclusive and harmonious environment for all
- Understand the basic principles of conflict management and conflict resolution
- Sharpen your skills in communication, leadership and people management
- Discover a wide range of intervention techniques and consensus-building strategies
**Facilities Management Diploma**
Module 1: Facility Management
Introduction to Facility Management
- What is FM?
- The Strategic Role of Facilities Management
- The Nature of Facility Management
- Management of the Organisation
- Lease Administration
- The Development of a Facility Management Philosophy
- Sourcing Facilities Services
- Facilities Management: A World Of Skilled Work
- Importance of Facility Management
- What Benefits Does Facilities Management Offer?
- How is a Facility Correctly Managed?
Terms and Definitions
- Asset register
- Building fabric
- Building management system (BMS)
- Building physicist
- Computer-aided facilities management system (CAFM)
- Computer-aided maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Facilities maintenance
- Maintenance plan
- Maintenance policy
- Maintenance strategy
- Operational plan
- Plus much more
Module 2: Facilities Management in the Workplace
- Buying Gas, Electricity and Water
- How to Get the Best Deal
- Large Energy Users
- Combined Heat And Power
- Integrated Power
- Open Systems in Building Control
- Avoiding Power Failures
- Checking Utility Invoices
- Meter-Reading Errors
- Measuring Energy Efficiency
- Improvement Programmes
- Plus much more
Module 3: Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
Sustainable Development and Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development and Facilities Management?
- The Growing Age of Facilities Management
- De?nitions of Facilities Management
- Business Challenges for FM
- Global Maturity of Facilities Management
- What is Sustainable Development?
- What Does Sustainable Development Mean?
- Corporate Responsibility
- Global Alliance for Building Sustainably (GABS) Charter
- Requirements for Facilities Managers
- Strategic Challenges
- Performance Indicators
Facilities Life Cycle
- Life Cycle Facilities Approach
- Sustainable Buildings
- Building Life Cycle
- Whole-Life Value
- Design, Build, Finance, Operate (DBFO)
- Corporate Strategy
- Achievement of Business Bene?t
Module 4: Facility Operations
- Mechanical and Electrical
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Ef?ciency Programme
- Performing an Energy Audit
- Preliminary Audit
- Costs Savings
- Comprehensive Audit
- Training Programme
- Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Plus much more
Module 5: Operations and Maintenance
- Contracting and Types of Contracts
- The Major Advantages of Job Order Contracting are
- Elimination of Change Orders
- Facility Operations
- Plant Operations
- Energy Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Other Waste
- Inventory Management
Module 6: Facilities Maintenance Planning, Budgeting and Method
Facilities Maintenance Planning
- Assessment of Maintenance Planning
- Facility Assets and Maintenance Resources
- Maintenance Planning Process
Maintenance Costs, Finance and Methods
- Maintenance Methods
- Planned Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance
- Unplanned Maintenance
Factors Affecting Maintenance
- Health and Safety
- Initial Review
- Materials and Components
Module 7: Performance and Installations Management
Performance and Information Management
- Quality Control
- Frequency of Inspection
- Information Management
- Records and Documents
- Building Log-book and Building Manual
- Specifications and Schedules
- Mechanical installations
- Electrical installations
- Fire protection
- Building management system
- Manuals, registers and inventories
- Structure of maintenance manual
- Engineering installations
Module 8: Project Management
- Project Definition
- Project Characteristics
- Project Performance Dimensions
- Project Life Cycle
- Conceptualisation Phase
- Life Cycle Path
- Project Classification
- Project Management
- Benefits of Project Management Approach
- Economic and Market Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Environmental Impact Studies
- Objectives of Environmental Impact Studies
- Plus much more
Module 9: Human Resource Management
- What is Human Resource?
- What is HRM?
- The Role of HRM
- Development of Workplace Policies
- Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Training and Development
- Dealing with Laws Affecting Employment
- Strategic HRM
- Functions of Human Resource Management
- What Do We Mean by ‘Multiculturalism’?
- Multiculturalism and the UK
- The Benefits of Multiculturalism in the Workplace
- How Can Language Translation Support Multiculturalism?
- Recruitment and Selection Process
- Plus much more
Module 10: Real Estate Management, Client Delivery Models & Outsourcing
Real Estate Management
- What is Real Estate?
- Purchase or Lease?
- The Buy-Lease Analysis
- Advantages of Purchasing
- Advantages of Leasing
- The Negotiating Process
- Site Selection and Acquisition
- Plus much more
Client Delivery Models
- Client Delivery Models as Strategic Partnerships
- In-House Delivery Model
- Bundled Contracts (Or Single Sourced Service)
- Total Facilities Management
Outsourcing of Services or In-House Staff
- What is Outsourcing?
- Why Do Companies Outsource?
- Cost Reduction
- Access to More Talent
- Speedy Hiring Process
- Fresh Perspectives
- Plus much more
Module One: Getting Started
- Facilitation Skills
Module Two: Understanding Facilitation
- Understanding Facilitation
- Understanding Facilitation Case Study
Module Three: Process vs. Content
- Process vs. Content
- Process vs. Content Case Study
Module Four: Laying the Groundwork
- Laying the Groundwork
- Laying the Groundwork Case Study
Module Five: Tuckman and Jensen"s Model of Team Development
- Tuckman and Jensen”s Model of Team Development
- Tuckman and Jensen”s Model of Team Development Case Study
Module Six: Building Consensus
- Building Consensus
- Building Consensus Case Study
Module Seven: Reaching a Decision Point
- Reaching a Decision Point
- Reaching a Decision Point Case Study
Module Eight: Dealing with Difficult People
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Dealing with Difficult People Case Study
Module Nine: Addressing Group Dysfunction
- Addressing the Group Dysfunction
- Addressing the Group Dysfunction Case Study
Module Ten: About Intervention
- About Intervention
- About Intervention Case Study
Module Eleven: Intervention Techniques
- Intervention Techniques
- Intervention Techniques Case Study
In order to complete the course successfully, learners are required to take an online MCQ exam. This exam will be assessed automatically, and learners will instantly know whether they have been successful. Learners need to achieve 60% of the marks to pass the exam. If anyone fails to achieve 60% in the first attempt, they can retake the exam one more time without any additional fee.
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the successful completion of the course, the learners can order an endorsed certificate of achievement from ABC & Certa Awards by paying the accreditation fee of £108. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Certificate of Completion from Course Gate
At the successful completion of the course, the learners may order the Certificate of Completion from Course Gate (soft copy) by paying only £2. For the Printed hard copy of the certificate, the learners have to pay £9. There is an additional £10 delivery charge for international students.
Who is this course for?
Facilities Management Diploma is perfect for anyone trying to learn potential professional skills.
As there is no experience and qualification required for this course, it is available for all students from any academic background.
This Facilities Management Diploma provides expert training to fast-track your career, whether you’re new to facilities management or want to build on your skills. Other career opportunities and roles in this field include:
- Asset Manager
- Property Manager
- Construction Manager
- Energy Manager
- Facilities Coordinator
- Operations Manage
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
May I apply for the course now but to start the course 3 months later?
Dear Wincent, Good morning. Yes, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. You can study the course at a convenient time. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.