Color, art and fun combine into our most joyously vibrant course yet! Our experts will teach you the art of face painting – From working with children at festivals to otherworldly Halloween looks, face painting is a transformative practice. With just paint, you can turn into a comic book vixen, mottled mermaid, or cotton candy kitten! Join us on a journey through the types of face painting: children, adults, Halloween, and special effects. As you watch our transformation videos, you’ll learn the secrets only the experts know!
What students will do:
- Learn about the paints, glitters, materials and prosthetics that will transform you!
- From safety guidelines to unconventional materials, our experts will guide you on what you need – and what you don’t!
- Watch step-by-step tutorials, learning exactly how the experts do it.
- Learn how to deal with difficult children (and parents!)
- Understand the correct set-up for festival face painting.
- Learn how to create your own looks.
- Build a daily practice, growing your confidence and skill.
- From spooky to kooky, learn how to create and execute great face painting looks.
Our face painting experts will take you from the very basics - the types of paint, glitter, brushes, and sponges you should use - to expert subjects like using horror prosthetics! Along the way you’re going to get information on how to safely paint children, how to monetize your business, an inside look into creating a horror look, and so much more great information.
Module 1: 1 Introduction to Face Painting
- Overview of Paints and Glitters
- Overview of Tools, Kits, and Supplies
- Designing a Look – from References to Imagination
- Painting Techniques, Textures, and Stencils
- Safety First: Good Practices and Guidelines
- How to Make Money Face Painting
Module 2: 2 Face Painting Designs that Kids Will Love
- 10 Tips for Painting on Children
- Inspiration for Children’s Face Painting Designs
- Imagination Tutorial: Robot
- Animal Tutorial: Butterfly
Module 3: 3 Face Painting Transformations for Adults
- Inspiration for Adult Designs and Looks
- Character look ideas
- Art look ideas
- Nature look ideas
- Supernatural and imagination look ideas
- Being respectful
- Animal Tutorial: Cheetah
Module 4: 4 Freaky Designs for Halloween and Horror Fans
- Conceptualizing Horror Makeup
- Anatomy Tutorial: Skeletal Design
- Undead Tutorial: Zombie Design
Module 5: 5 Incorporating Special Effects Makeup
- Materials and Supplies for Special Effects
- Creating Wounds and Gore
- Tutorial: Mouth Slashes with Stitching Design
- Using Prosthetics
- Teeth, Fur, and other Accessories
- Tutorial: Vampire Design
Who is this course for?
Anyone who would like to be a face painter will benefit from this course! With in-depth video tutorials and expert advice, you’ll be able to confidently learn about this fascinating skill.
International Open Academy courses are designed for anyone with an interest in learning. No formal qualifications are required to study with us. Our courses are suitable if you want to learn new skills, start a new career, or if you’re already working in a particular industry and wish to upgrade your talents and enhance your resume.
Face and body painting artists have a wide and fascinating variety of careers to choose from! Some make a good living working festivals, birthday parties, and events. Others use Instagram and YouTube to build their brand, becoming sponsored by companies to work as Brand Ambassadors. Yet others work as Special Effects Artists on movie and TV sets or use their artistic vision on fashion shoots.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is it possible to download/print the coursework for reference in the future?
The course cannot be printed. Everything you need to complete the course is available online. You can study at your own pace over the generous time of 60 consecutive days. At the end of the course, you will receive a pdf certificate confirming course completion. This is a certificate of completion stating the course taken. It can be used as a proof of study for employment.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.