EYFS Teaching Diploma - CPD & IAO Certified - Best Selling EYFS Diploma *NUS Extra Card Eligible*
- Tutor is available to students
- NUS card is available to purchase separately
Our in-depth EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) Diploma/Course certified by CPD & IAO is the best selling EYFS course and is the perfect course designed to give you everything you need to know about becoming an effective EYFS teacher.
Packed in to 10 modules teaching you everything you need to succeed in this profession.
The course can be studied part time and you can become accredited in as little as 15-20 hours and you can study at your own pace.
The comprehensive syllabus is supported by experienced tutors who are there to help you through email.
Your qualification will be recognised and can be checked for validity on our dedicated website.
Key features about our EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) Diploma
> Lifetime Access to your course
> The price you pay Reed is for the whole course – no hidden fees
> CPD Certificate upon successful completion
> Tutor Support Monday – Friday
**We have now partnered with NUS so once you've purchased your course you are eligible by studying with us to apply for an NUS Extra card which gives you 1000's of discounts with the biggest companies**
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give takers a total overview of what is involved in EYFS teaching.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The main stages of childhood development
- The role of play in learning and why play-based curriculums succeed
- The seven areas of learning and when to focus on each one
- What to expect from a career in early years education
- The rationale behind the EYFS framework
- Observation, assessment and planning requirements and strategies
- How to effectively promote learning, development and child welfare in the early years
- How to help children achieve early learning goals
- How to effectively work with children having special education needs and communicating with parents
- The differences between popular educational philosophes
Benefits of the EYFS Teaching Course
This Early Years Foundation Stage course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you the background you need to pursue a career in EYFS teaching
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of fully understanding the EYFS teaching framework, which helps students to find work as an EYFS teacher.
- Learning new skills, such as understanding child development, which enhances the abilities in the classroom or beyond.
- The preparation necessary to work or volunteer in the classroom with children in different roles.
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
Module 1: Introduction to EYFS Teaching and Early Years of Childhood Development
- The importance of education in early childhood
- Areas of learning
- Creating educational programmes
- How to assess children in your care
Module 2: Working as an EYFS Teacher
- An overview of Early Years Foundation Stage teaching
- What you can expect from an EYFS teaching career
- Requirements, qualifications and useful skills
- Information about your day to day tasks and your working environment
Module 3: Understanding the EYFS Framework
- The rationale behind the EYFS framework
- Prime and specific areas of learning, as well as early learning goals
- How to complete assessments and progress checks of the children in your care
- Health and safety requirements
Module 4: Promoting Learning and Development
- How the EYFS impacts the promotion of learning and development
- The characteristics of effective learning
- Best practices for promoting effective learning with respect to the prime areas of learning
- How to support effective learning with respect to the specific areas of development
Module 5: Curriculum for EYFS Teaching
- The role of play in learning
- Helping children achieve in each area of learning
- How to conduct a progress check at age two
- Completing the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile
Module 6: Methods for EYFS Teaching
- The different teaching techniques
- The VAK learning strategies, as well as the Honey and Mumford types of learners
- The importance of creating an enabling environment
- How to keep children motivated
Module 7: Working with Children Having Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEN/SEND)
- The statutory requirements and legislative framework behind working with children having SEN/SEND
- The importance of first concerns and early identification
- Using the graduated approach to SEN/SEND in early years education
- The role of the early years special education needs coordinator
Module 8: EYFS and Educational Philosophies and Exemptions to the EYFS
- About Montessori education and its relation to the EYFS
- How Steiner Waldorf education differs and how it relates to the EYFS
- When you can apply for EYFS exemptions
- The exemption application process
Module 9: Promoting Child Welfare in the Early Years
- Information about what to do if you suspect a child needs protection
- The health and safety requirements all facilities must meet
- Staffing roles and responsibilities
- Staffing requirements, including information about ratios
Module 10: Finding Work as an EYFS Teacher
- Information on how to start your search
- Where to look for jobs in the UK, including online job lists and recruitment agencies
- How to put together a CV
- Additional skills early years providers find appealing in applicants
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Our in-depth EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) best selling Diploma/Course certified by CPD is for anyone wanting to learn about this sector.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Working with children in the early years foundation stage.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.