Add to basket or enquire
This EYFS and Phonics Teaching course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 15 CPD points available without any further studies.
Regardless of background, all children can benefit from the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). This framework sets the standards for a child’s learning and development from the time they are born up until they reach their fifth birthday. While teaching phonics may seem easy, don’t be fooled – the demands of presenting the information in a way that captures and keeps a child’s attention aren’t to be sniffed at.
If you’re ready to step up to the challenge, then our EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma course combines our two best-selling training courses and aims to allow you to discover the requisite skills related to EYFS, the core intention and the fundamentals of EYFS, including how to develop curriculum, planning, assessment methodology and more. With this EYFS and Phonics Teaching course, students will also receive a plethora of tips on contribution towards enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the EYFS. Upon completion of EYFS and Phonics Teaching course, you will have a full understanding of the essential skills and techniques required to teach phonics to children as well as adults, and be ready to begin a rewarding career in childcare or early year’s roles.
Highlights of the EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma:
- Understand the importance of education in Early Childhood including the significant benefits of Early Childhood Education.
- Learn about the qualities of a skilled Early Childhood Teacher and gain the abilities required to succeed in the teaching industry.
- Explore various useful way of teaching kids life skills at an early age and methods of setting up a Reward System for children.
- Gain a holistic understanding of the EYFS Framework and the characteristics of practical learning within educational settings.
- Understand why phonics is essential in early childhood settings.
- Teach children the relationship between letters and sounds through play-based pedagogies.
- Explore evidence-based effective strategies for teaching phonics in early childhood.
Why Choose this EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma:
- This best ever EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma course. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
We’ve taken this comprehensive EYFS and Phonics Teaching course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the course. This EYFS and Phonics Teaching course really is a sure pathway to success.
This EYFS and Phonics Teaching course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: Introduction to EYFS Teaching and Early Years of Childhood Development
- The Importance of Education in Early Childhood
- Why is Education Important?
- Key Benefits of Early Childhood Education
- The Importance of Parent Involvement in Early Childhood Education
- How education affects early childhood development?
- Qualities of a Good Early Childhood Teacher
Module 2: Working as an EYFS Teacher
- The Role of the Early Years Teacher
- Working with Young Children
- Teaching Kids Life Skills at an Early Age
- Teach Preschool Kids to Count
- Set Up a Reward System for Children
- Teach New Skills by Acting out Scenes
- Teach Kids About Their Feelings
- Teach Self-Care Skills to Children with Special Needs
- Teach Your Kids Time Management Skills
- Requirements, Qualifications and Useful Skills
Module 3: Understanding the EYFS Framework
- The Early Years Framework
- Understanding the EYFS Framework
- A Fair and Flexible Framework
- Regulation of Learning and Development
Module 4: Promoting Learning and Development
- The Learning and Development Requirements
- The Early Learning Goals
- The Characteristics of Effective Learning
Module 5: Curriculum for EYFS Teaching
- The EYFS Curriculum Design
- Learning and Teaching Through Play
- Playful Learning and Playful Teaching
Module 6: Methods for EYFS Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Strategies for 21st Century Early Childhood Teachers
- Creating an Enabling Environment
- Innovative Ideas to Make Your Teaching Methods More Effective
Module 7: Working with Children Having Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEN/SEND)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and Know Your Role as a Teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an Understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
Module 8: EYFS and Educational Philosophies and Exemptions to the EYFS
- Montessori and the EYFS
- The Montessori Approach
- Exemptions from EYFS Learning and Development Requirements
Module 9: Promoting Child Welfare in the Early Years
- Welfare Requirements Become Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements
- Staffing Roles and Responsibilities
Module 10: Finding Work as an EYFS Teacher
- Early Years Teacher
- Teaching Jobs: Where to Find Them and When to Apply
- How to write a Must-Read CV
Module 11: Teaching Phonics
- Introduction to Teaching Phonics
- Phonics Basics
- Methods to Teach Phonics – Jolly Phonics
- How to Start with Phonics?
- Phonemic Awareness
- Teaching Children Word Families
- PHONICS, READING AND GPS
- A Glossary of Phonics Terms
- Year 1 Phonics Screening Check
- When Dyslexic Students Struggle with Phonics
- Teaching the Alphabet
- Working with Parents to Teach Phonics
- Ways to Boost Phonics Confidence
- Phonics in a Flash
- Playing the Phonics Game
- Teach Phonics to ESL Students
- Phonics Assessments Guide
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £59. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Total Endorsed Certification time for this course is 320 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
The guided learning hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by OneEducation. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
GLH for this Endorsed Certification is 45 hours.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this EYFS and Phonics Teaching course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The EYFS and Phonics Teaching Diploma is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Once you have gained experience as an early years teacher, you may decide to move into more advanced roles, such as those at management level. This could include staff supervisory work or managing a nursery or group of nurseries.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Ruth W asked:
How many hours is this course?
Dear Ruth, Thanks for contacting us. You will get one year access to the course, however, if you study about 12 hours you can complete the course. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I get a certificate immediately after the course
Dear Tobiloba, Thank you for your question. Yes, you can obtain a PDF and hard copy certificate after completing the course. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do i have to allocate a specific time for the course?
Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting us. Once you purchase any course from us, you will have one-year access to the course, and you can complete the course anytime within a year. Therefore, you can study the course at a convenient time. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.