Add to basket or enquire
This EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 40 CPD points available without any further studies.
The Early Years and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course prepares you for a job in a child care centre, as a teacher assistant or for self-employment as a family child care provider. You’ll learn childcare provider-related English and math, and how to develop art and language programs. You will explore the concept of child development, considering communication, play, stages of development, first aid, and health and safety, and develop skills to work with children through placement settings.
In this EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course, you will cover topics such as observations of children, children’s basic needs, and safeguarding and safety. The EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course also covers how, as an EYFS teacher, a person promotes child development and learning.
After successful completion of this EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course, you’ll have all the tools you require to confidently pursue a career in early years teaching.
Highlights of the EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant:
- Explore the fundamental benefits of Early Childhood Education and the role of the Early Years Teacher.
- Learn effective ways to help children achieve early learning goals and help them develop curiosity and knowledge.
- Gain a holistic understanding of the EYFS Framework and the characteristics of effective learning.
- Discover various strategies for 21st Century Early Childhood teachers and plenty of innovative ideas for improving teaching methods.
- Explore the programs that support learning and help in designing the activities and materials that children find appealing and engaging.
- Get introduced to the SEN Code of Practice and gain a firm understanding of SENCO.
- Learn to help pupils in developing independent learning skills and provide support to children who need additional help with their work.
- Learn an effective method of teaching in Key Stage 1 and 2
This EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course is designed with the following modules:
**Early Years Teaching**
Module 1: Introduction to EYFS Teaching and Early Years of Childhood Development
- The Importance of Education in Early Childhood
- Why is Education Important?
- Key Benefits of Early Childhood Education
- The Importance of Parent Involvement in Early Childhood Education
- How education affects early childhood development?
- Qualities of a Good Early Childhood Teacher
Module 2: Working as an EYFS Teacher
- The Role of the Early Years Teacher
- Working with Young Children
- Teaching Kids Life Skills at an Early Age
- Teach Preschool Kids to Count
- Setting Up a Reward System for Children
- Teach New Skills by Acting out Scenes
- Teach Kids about their Feelings
- Teaching Self-Care Skills to Children with Special Needs
- Teach Your Kids Time Management Skills
- Requirements, Qualifications and Useful Skills
Module 3: Understanding the EYFS Framework
- The Early Years Framework
- Understanding the EYFS Framework
- A Fair and Flexible Framework
- Regulation of Learning and Development
Module 4: Promoting Learning and Development
- The Learning and Development Requirements
- The Early Learning Goals
- The Characteristics of Effective Learning
Module 5: Curriculum for EYFS Teaching
- The EYFS Curriculum Design
- Learning and Teaching Through Play
- Playful Learning and Playful Teaching
Module 6: Methods for EYFS Teaching
- Teaching Methods
- Strategies for 21st Century Early Childhood Teachers
- Creating an Enabling Environment
- Innovative Ideas to Make Your Teaching Methods More Effective
Module 7: Working with Children Having Special Education Needs or Disabilities (SEN/SEND)
- Understand Constructivism in the Classroom and Know Your Role as a Teacher
- SEN Code of Practice
- Get an Understanding on SENCO
- Classroom Management Strategies for Children with Special Needs
- Physical Difficulties, Sensory Difficulties, Cognitive Impairments of Pupils
- How to Deal with Pupils with Autism
Module 8: EYFS and Educational Philosophies and Exemptions to the EYFS
- Montessori and the EYFS
- The Montessori Approach
- Exemptions from EYFS Learning and Development Requirements
Module 9: Promoting Child Welfare in the Early Years
- Welfare Requirements Become Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements
- Staffing Roles and Responsibilities
Module 10: Finding Work as an EYFS Teacher
- Early Years Teacher
- Teaching Jobs: Where to Find Them and When to Apply
- How to write a Must-Read CV
**Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching**
Module 11: Early Phonics & Alphabet, CV and Blends
- Early Phonics & Alphabet
Module 12: Vowel Phonemes and Other Phonics
- Vowel Phonemes
- Other Phonics
Module 13: Prefixes and Double Consonants
- Double Consonants
Module 14: Plurals, Compound Words and Common Words
- Compound Words (KS1)
- Common Words
Module 15: Spelling
- Spelling and Rhyme
- Spelling Strategies
Module 16: Alphabetical Order and Dictionary Skills
- Alphabetical Order
- Dictionary Skills
Module 17: Synonyms & Thesaurus Work
Module 18: Proverbs and Idioms
- Metaphorical Expressions
Module 19: Noun, Adjectives, Verbs and Adverbs
- Nouns & Adjectives
Module 20: Writing Basic Sentences and Collective Nouns
- Writing Basic Sentences
- Collective Nouns
Module 21: Maths: General, Number and Number System
- Planning & Assessment
- Patterns & Number Sequences
- Ordering and Comparing Numbers
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
- Properties of Numbers
- Place Value
- Rounding, Approximating & Estimating
- Ratio and Proportion
Module 22: Calculations
- Addition & Subtraction
- Doubling and Halving
- Using a Calculator
Module 23: Solving Problems
- Word & Real Life Problems
- Money Problems
Module 24: Measures, Shape & Space
- Length or Distance
- Capacity or Volume
- 2D Shapes
- Position and Direction
Module 25: Scientific Enquiry
- Investigative Skills
Module 26: Life Processes and Living Things
- Life Processes – Worksheets
- Humans and other Animals
- Green Plants
- Variation and Classification
- Living Things in Their Environment
Module 27: Properties of Materials and Physical Processes
- Grouping and Classifying Materials
- Changing Materials
- Rocks and Soils
- Separating Mixtures of Materials
- Forces and Motion
- Light and Sound
- The Earth and beyond
Module 28: ICT
- Word Processing, DTP and Graphics
- CD-ROMS, Internet & Email
Module 29: Art & Design and Geography
- ART & DESIGN
- Maps and Plans
- Local Studies & Contrasting UK Locality
- Transport, Weather & Tourism
- Mountains and Rivers
- Around the World
Module 30: History
- Famous People
- The Tudors
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Guided Learning Hours
The guided learning hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by One Education. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
What our learners say on EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant course:
Anna Maria Spagnuolo - Bangkok
The course was very effective. The structure and modules were very clear with lots of examples and exercises given. I highly recommend it to everyone no matter how busy your schedule is."
EYFS and Key Stage 1 & 2 Teaching Assistant Diploma will lead you to:
New entrants to the profession in England, Wales and Northern Ireland start on the main salary scale, which rises incrementally from £23,720 to £35,008. Enhanced pay scales apply for teachers working in or near London.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is it worth doing volunteering whilst learning and if so how many hours and months of experience would be a good start.
Dear Danielle, Thanks for contacting us. The course is open to all with no formal entry requirements. You need no previous experiences in order to do the course. You will learn everything needed from the course directly. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Where are when to take exams?
Dear Xin, Thanks for contacting us. This course does not involve any MCQ exams. You will need to answer an assignment question to complete the course, the answer will be in the form of written work in pdf or word. You can write the answer on your own time. The answer needs to be 200 words (1 Page). Once the answer is submitted, the tutor will check and assess the work. Many thanks, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How long should this course take, and are there any strict timeframes for completion?
Dear Clare, Thanks for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 43 hours, however, you will get one year access to the course to complete. Many thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.