Add to basket or enquire
Love fashion? Enjoy meeting people? Always changing hairstyles? Or being asked to style your friends’ hair? Our Extensions & Hair Styling Expert Accredited Course is designed with you in mind.
Image is an important part of who you are and what your look says about you. Understanding about hair and learning new styles will help your clients to turn heads.
Being a hairstylist is an exciting, creative and glamorous career. You’ll be working in the fast-moving world of image and fashion! No two days need be the same again! You could be:
- creating new cutting-edge styles
- styling models for catwalks or photoshoots
- making excited brides look wonderful on their happy day
- bringing additional skills to your role as a personal shopper or image consultant
Through our Extensions & Hair Styling Expert Accredited Course, you’ll get a flair for hair-styling by learning top, hot tips and techniques from expert stylists.
Hairdressing is often voted as one of the happiest jobs in the world. It’s easy to understand why. As a hairstylist, you:
- have the satisfaction of making people look and feel wonderful
- are paid to be creative
- get to use your skills every day.
When you start our Extensions & Hair Styling Expert course, you’ll be learning from a top stylist who has many years of experience in all areas of hair styling.
You’ll receive an in-depth understanding on the importance of caring for the different types of hair and see how to work creatively with styling.
As upstyling and extensions have become such a huge part of the hair styling service, we devote one module each to giving you an excellent education on each of these valuable skills.
With detailed pictures, videos and step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn valuable skills such as
- protecting and nourishing hair
- using colors and styles for different face shapes and skin tones
- washing, drying, straightening and curling
- creating styles for special occasions and how to create many looks with one cut
- upstyles + the latest up-to-date styles.
- applying and removing extensions
You’ll receive clear, practical knowledge and tips to feel confident to get styling immediately.
Hairdressing Course Syllabus
Module 1: A close look at hair
- The structure of hair
- The scalp
- The history of hair
- Different types of hair
Module 2: How to treat hair
- Hair products
- Hair and scalp analysis
- Avoiding mistakes and damage
Module 3: Hair color and hair shape
- Which shades enhance which skin type & which colours don’t work
- Which shape/style of hair suits which face shape
Module 4: How to wash hair professionally
- The benefits of scalp massage
- Hair treatments
- Expert tips
- How to professionally wash hair - video tutorial
Module 5: Tools of the trade
- Blow-drying equipment
- Different types of tools
Module 6: Styling
- How to add volume - video tutorial
- Creating curls with rollers - video tutorial
- Enhancing curls with a diffuser - video tutorial
- How to straighten hair - video tutorial
- Sculpting hair with finger technique and wax - video tutorial
Module 7: Men's hair
- Is men’s hair different?
- Applying Gel - video tutorial
- Applying Wax - video tutorial
Module 8: Upstyling
- Brief history of upstyling
- Essential tools for upstyling
- Preparation of hair for upstyling and braiding
- Selection of upstyles
- Techniques for creating upstyles
- Fillers and hairpieces
- Upstyles, step by step
Module 9: Extensions
- Practical application of extensions
- Removable or Clip Extensions
- Keratin Extensions
- Micro Ring Extensions
Module 10: Hairstyles
- Short pixie cut
- Short structured style
- Androgynous style
- Shoulder length hair, no fringe
- Round bob with feathery contours and side parting
- Long hair, layered or without layers
Who is this course for?
You, if you want to get to the top faster!
Instead of spending ages as an apprentice you can now take Trendimi’s Extensions & Hair Styling Expert course and train to become a hairstylist in your own home in no time at all. All you need is dedication, some models to practice on (we’re sure you’ll find lots!) and the specific tools which we’ll tell you all about.
Knowing these hair styling techniques will also help if you want to:
- know how to give amazing haircuts and styling advice to friends and family
- add additional skills to your career as a beauty consultant, image consultant or personal shopper
Is your head in a spin thinking of all the exciting places this could lead you?
Don’t delay, this is a skill you can take anywhere in the world and build into a really promising future. Enrol today!
No previous experience is required.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Will the above modules/ and module information/work be available to be printed out to create a folder/portfolio for myself
You will now receive lifetime access to our hairdressing course. While the course cannot be downloaded or printed in one file, you will always be able to revert to the course material.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
I will get e certificate after the course
Yes. You will get a PDF certificate on successful completion of our hairdressing course. This is included in the course price.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Tracey Bryans asked:
Hello Do you get a certificate with this course and is it included in the price ? Many thanks
Yes, you receive certificate at the end of the hairdressing course. Yes, PDF version of the certificate is included in the price. (There is an option to order hard copy certificate for small printing and posting fee).This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.