Add to basket or enquire
One of our most popular courses, Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma is of great value. You’re guaranteed top-quality, detailed course content that has been developed by industry professionals.
Packed into separate, easy to understand modules, the Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course will equip you with all you need to know to succeed in the profession.
If you want to become an Executive Secretary, or you are just starting out in office admin and want to take the next step, this Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course will equip you with the skills and confidence to make it to the top. The Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma teach you useful administration and note-taking skills, helping you in your career. Taking minutes is an integral part of any meeting. In fact, the success of any meeting largely depends on proper minutes. The Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course explores skills for minute-taking, followed by the roles and responsibilities of a secretary or PA. You will also learn how to take minutes with OneNote. The Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course focuses on communication skills, negotiation and influencing skills, self-esteem and confidence building, time management, and other skills related to the executive secretary role. Finally, the Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course teaches how to prepare business writing and reports.
Benefits of studying the Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
The Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
- Minute Taking
- Tips to Follow
- Meeting and the Minute Taking
- Minute Taking Nowadays
Microsoft OneNote 2016
- Navigate the OneNote 2016 Environment
- Create a Notebook
- Use Predesigned Templates for OneNote Notebooks
- Customize the User Interface
- Modify Formatting in a Notebook
- Add Images to a Notebook
- Add Tables to a Notebook
- Add Audio and Video to a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Tags, Symbols, Drawing Tools, and Pen Options
- Save and Export Content and Use Alternate File Types
- Manage Notebook Recycle Bins and Backups
- Work with Excel Spreadsheets and Visio Diagrams
- Work with Embedded Files
- Send a Notebook and Use Outlook Integration
- Share and Collaborate on Notebooks
- Finalize a Notebook Using Proofing and Print Settings
- Configure Notebook Properties and Security
- Search Notebooks
Secretarial Interpersonal Skills
- Skills: Verbal Communication
- Skills: Non-Verbal Communication
- How to move away from small talk
- It’s important to keep the conversation flowing
- Do you often forget someone’s name?
- Skills: Influencing
- You need people on your side
- Effectively share your opinions
- Essentials: Negotiation
- Make an impression
- Developing Interpersonal Skills Course- Activities
Administrative Management skills
- The Administrative Process and its importance
- Ensure you’re prepared
- Important Processes
- Our list of 5 processes
- Binder Essentials (1)
- Binder Essentials (2)
- Binder Organization
- Don’t bother with these items in your process guide
- Distribute the Process guide
- Ensure a high level of success when carrying out the process Guide
- Word Management
- Developing Sentences
- Paragraph Development
- Agenda Schedules
- Letters for Business
- Proposals for Business
- Reports for Business
- Various Documents
- Ensuring Proofread for final Product
Self Esteem & Confidence Building
- Module One – Getting Started
- Module Two – What Does Self-Confidence Mean To You
- Module Three – Obstacles to Our Goals
- Module Four – Communication Skills
- Module Five – The Importance of Goal Setting
- Module Six – Feeling the Part
- Module Seven – Looking at the Part
- Module Eight – Sounding the Part
- Module Nine – Powerful Presentations
- Module Ten – Coping Techniques
- Module Eleven – Dealing with Difficult Behavior
- Module Twelve – Wrapping Up
What you will be able to do on completion of the course
- Take minutes effectively
- Take minutes with OneNote
- Operate as an executive level secretary
- Have the right interpersonal skills to do so
- Be equipped with administrative management skills
- Be proficient in business writing
- Build your self-esteem and confidence
Upon successful completion of the Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
This Executive Secretarial and Note Taking Diploma course is ideal for those interested in maximizing their efficiency in note taking for their jobs, whether that be as an executive secretary or not, and for those interested in working as a stenotype operator or journalist.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.