Event Management Diploma
On course completion students can claim accredited certificate by paying £99 accreditation... Read more
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
- Tutor is available to students
Event Management Level 4 Diploma
Events Management is a highly dynamic, lucrative and rapidly growing industry as celebrations and events are integral part of human life. Organising a perfectly managed; well planned, well conducted and memorable events require supervision of a qualified event professional. This Event Management Diploma introduces you to various disciplines required to become a professional in the events management industry. The course is designed to equip you with art of planning in door and our door large and medium size functions and gatherings. i.e. press conferences, charity fundraising events, sports, other social and religious festivals, birth day parties, weddings etc. The course covers , strategic planning, budgeting, event promotional techniques , marketing, event operations, organisational skills, human resource management and all that is required to work as a professional in event planning industry.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Accredited certificate from Ofqual's registered awarding body is available on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
Upon completion of this unit, the learners should be able to;
- Explain what event management is
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the event manager
- Learn the basic elements of an event management plan
- Create a check-list of event management planning elements for future use
- Understand risk management planning from both commercial and safety angles
- Discuss the importance of procurement and how it may impact on the event success
- Create a check-list of basic event management activities for future use
- Understand the role health and safety plays within the events industry
- Learn the basic techniques of crisis management
- Understand how to build client relationships
- Investigate ways to market your business
This Event Management Diploma consists of following units:
Unit 1 - An Introduction to Events
Unit 2 - Types of Event
Unit 3 - The Event Planning Process
Unit 4 - Steps in Planning in Event
Unit 5 - The Event Management Plan
Unit 6 - Contingency Planning
Unit 7 - Marketing and Customer Services
Unit 8 - Evaluating Events
Unit 9 - Starting and Running the Business
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress
Who is this course for?
- People looking for a career change
- Individuals looking to start their own event planning businesses
- Event Managers looking for accredited qualification
- Candidates intending to continue studying at a higher level
- Small business owners looking to improve operations
- Anyone interest in expanding their career prospect
There is no particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
Event managers are employed across both public and private sectors including event management companies, hotels , exhibition centres, and in community organisations such as sports clubs, schools and charities and many more. Event Managers may choose a speciality area to work within such as weddings, birthday parties, exhibitions, conferences, product launches and fundraising events.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.