Add to basket or enquire
This online course will teach students the ins and outs of the event and wedding planning business. This industry is growing, reflecting the increased interest in the lavish weddings of celebrity couples. By having a good event planner, ordinary people can experience the same kind of thing on a much lower budget. This event planner could be you.
- 1. The principal issues around setting up and operating a company. In this section you will learn about the legal aspects of setting up a business and the in-and-outs of financing it.
- 2. The importance of observing Health and Safety requirements. Whilst not the most exciting part of the course, this area is critical to be aware of as ignoring it could land you in heaps of trouble!
- 3. Environmental and ethical issues. These very pertinent issues are part-and-parcel of planning nowadays as more companies and individuals feel the need to play a part in making the planet a better place.
- 4. How to plan for private clients. The first of the sections looking at the requirements of specific client groups.
- 5. The principal logistical issues to be addressed when arranging an event. This is the real nuts-and bolts sections dealing with what you need to do at a basic organising level.
- 6. The main features of large scale event organisation. Large scale events pose their own set of difficulties and challenges, and this section highlights some of these and how they might be dealt with.
- 7. How to plan for corporate clients. Corporate clients will want you to help them plan for their specific company-driven objectives, and this section will give you an idea of how to balance your own vision with that of your corporate client.
- 8. Maintaining coordination on event-day. It’s no good organising an event in detail if you don’t ensure that it rolls out as it’s meant to on the day. The main aspects of co-ordination are brought to the fore here.
- 9. The main aspects of companies’ in-house events. As with Corporate clients, companies will expect you to help them achieve their targets so you will have to immerse yourself in their culture if you want to understand this whilst, of course, maintaining your own standards and individuality.
- 10. The requirements of special events. Whether it’s a VIP visit or an Official Opening, these types of events pose their own challenges.
- 11. The process of selecting an appropriate venue. It’s no good organising an event if the venue is inappropriate! Guidance here as to how this might be avoided.
- 12. The principal features of organising a wedding event. The very personal and specific events around weddings are dealt with in this section.
- 13. The importance and process of marketing a business. Get your business known by taking into account the advice given in this comprehensive section.
- 14. Developing an Event Plan. This is where all you have learnt comes together! Two case studies are provided for you to work through and submit to your tutor for your final assignment.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who would like to learn the underpinning knowledge and skill required to be a wedding or event planner.
There are no formal requirements for this course.
Students who pass this course will be equiped with the basic knowledge they need in order to set up their own event and/or wedding planning business.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.