Add to basket or enquire
This course looks at the key issues surrounding equality and diversity, and is a general awareness course. The specific aspects of equality and diversity are also covered in more detail in the promoting equality and diversity modules.
By the end of this session you will:
- Understand what is meant by equality and diversity
- Understand the nature and process of discrimination
- Increase your own awareness of discrimination
- Understand the importance of communication and language
- Understand how to use power responsibly
- Be aware of the relevant UK legislation, strategies and policies
Who we are
Nurtured Training is an accredited and trusted leading provider for training across the UK, with extensive experience in various private and public sectors. We provide continuing professional development (CPD), interactive accredited training courses online, for both individuals and businesses.
Our statutory, mandatory and specialist training courses are delivered in line with the relevant UK legislations and recommended practice including the Qualifications and Credits Framework (QCF)
With over 250 online training courses in our course library, we meet the need of workers and employers, enabling them to meet both their responsibilities and objectives.
Why participate in our training courses?
- The course is online and takes approximately 60 minutes to complete before needing to pass an assessment. This time may vary depending on your current level of experience.
- You can resume or stop your course at any time. Allowing you to pick up from where you left off at a future date.
- Your learning progress can be viewed after the test for future reference.
- You have 12 months in which to successfully complete this course.
- All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
- You can access our training courses on a desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- The module can be used as Induction, Awareness, Refresher and Foundation Training
One you have completed your e-learning, you will be required to complete a knowledge test and multiple-choice assessment. A pass mark of 75% is required. The online test is marked automatically, receiving an instant grade. Don’t worry if you don’t pass or want to improve your grade, you can retake the test unlimited times at no extra cost.
Nurtured Training provides continuing professional development (CPD) interactive accredited training courses online for both individuals and businesses. We are a CPD accredited training provider supporting professional development in many industries in the UK.
All our courses are accredited by the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and are nationally recognised. Once you have completed your assessment you will be awarded a free accredited certificate in PDF format which is immediately available. Hard copies of the certificate are available at an additional fee of £4.99. All evidence of learning and certification will remain on our system for your future reference.
The course is delivered online via our bespoke e-learning portal, complete with both online “class room” style and interactive user-friendly training and downloadable documentation to aid your learning. You can resume or stop your course at any time, remembering the exact point you were at.
This does depend on the level and experience of the individual, as a guide a level 1 takes 1 hour, level 2 takes 2 hours and level takes 3 hours as an average to complete each course. You have 12 months to take the course, however there is no time limit in which you need to complete the course.
Who is this course for?
NHS and independent healthcare providers, bank staff and agency organisations, and educational organisations including:
- Care Assistants (HCA)
- Non-Clinical Persons
- Support Workers
- Adult Social Care Workers
- Residential Home Staff
- Nursing Home Staff
- Nurses including Practice, Adult, Registered & Clinical
- Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Care Workers
- Clinical Support Workers
- Community Healthcare Workers
- Agency Workers
- Bank and Temporary Nurses
- Bank and Temporary Carers
Our courses utilise a responsive design making it available on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile Device. We recommend using the Google Chrome Browser.
Nurtured Training provides continuing professional development (CPD), interactive accredited training courses online, for both individuals and businesses across a variety of sectors including health and social care, business development, human resources, food hygiene and more.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.