Add to basket or enquire
Do you want to improve your career prospects in Health and Care? One Education brings a range of high-quality Health and Care courses that are ideal for you, whether you’re a beginner or aspire for higher roles in research, leadership, and education.
This Epilepsy Awareness - CPD Certified Course is excellent for improving your knowledge, skill set and competencies in relevant areas of Health and Care.
Learning Outcomes of the Epilepsy Awareness - CPD Certified Training:
- Understand how epilepsy can manifest in a person for various reasons
- Learn how to recognise and treat various types of seizures in an individual
- Be aware of how to manage and diagnose epilepsy in individuals of all ages
- Know how to behavioural changes can be caused by epilepsy
- Discover how to get professional support and help for those with epilepsy
The course is developed after thorough research and expertise from seasoned professionals. Having prior learning is extremely helpful if you aim to enter the Health and Care sector as a beginner.
This will be delivered exclusively through our online platform, where you completely control your learning experience. You can go through the modules and study materials at your own pace without any restrictions. And you’ll receive a recognised certificate as proof of your newly acquired or improved knowledge and skills.
Why choose CPD Certification Service Accredited (CPD UK) course?
- World's leading and largest independent CPD accreditation institution
- Pioneering CPD quality standards since 1996
- Over 20 thousand registered CPD Providers and Courses
- With 25 years experience providing industry-leading CPD certification service and support
Take a step towards reaching your true potential by enrolling in this Epilepsy Awareness - CPD Certified Training!
Learn how to react when a person has an uncontrolled seizure and help people to live normally with a life-affecting condition when you take this Epilepsy Awareness course. In biological terms, epilepsy is a common condition where sudden bursts of electrical activity in the brain cause seizures, uncontrollable shaking, or a general loss of awareness. It can be distressing for the person with the disorder and cause distress to those unfamiliar with the issue. With this insightful training, you will gain an acute awareness of the causes and symptoms of epilepsy and know how to treat and support those that have the condition.
This Epilepsy Awareness tutorial presents nine modules filled with essential information about the nature of the disorder and the best practices to uphold in order to support those with it. You will be shown the classifications and potential causes of epilepsy, the types of seizures it can induce, how it is diagnosed and treated, how it can be successfully managed, and much more. If you have a relative or acquaintance with the condition or wish to use the knowledge to help your community, you will find this valuable source of education and help for your needs.
Please note that the Epilepsy Awareness course provides valuable and appropriate education about the symptoms and treatments of epilepsy. However, it does not offer professional lessons to immediately work as a helper or carer in a medical capacity with those that have the condition. Always check with prospective employers and healthcare professionals before committing to care work.
- Module 01: Introduction to Epilepsy
- Module 02: Causes of Epilepsy
- Module 03: What Is Seizure?
- Module 04: Treatment of Seizures
- Module 05: Diagnosis of Epilepsy
- Module 06: Management of Epilepsy
- Module 07: Pharmacological Management of Epilepsy
- Module 08: How Behavioural Changes Affect Epilepsy?
- Module 09: Risk management and Support Needs
You will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test upon completing an online module. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
Who is this course for?
The Epilepsy Awareness - CPD Certified training is ideal for highly motivated individuals or teams who want to enhance their professional skills and efficiently skilled employees.
There are no formal entry requirements for the course, with enrollment open to anyone!
- Epilepsy Nurse Specialist - £31,000 to £50,000 per year
- Epilepsy Support Worker - £15,000 to £25,000 per year
- Epilepsy Researcher - £25,000 to £60,000 per year
- Epilepsy Information Officer - £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- Epilepsy Education Coordinator - £25,000 to £35,000 per year
- Epilepsy Campaigns Officer - S £20,000 to £30,000 per year
- Epilepsy Fundraiser - £18,000 to £30,000 per year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - £9
Certificate of completion
Hard copy certificate - £15
CPD Certification Service Accredited Certification
- Hardcopy Certificate (within the UK): £15
- Hardcopy Certificate (international): £15 + £10 (postal charge) = £25
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.