Churchill Square Training and Development
Add to basket or enquire
Environmental Management Systems (EMS) involve a set of processes and practices that enable an organisation to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency. A well-designed EMS can help an organization address its regulatory demands in a systematic manner thereby reducing the risk of noncompliance. An EMS can also help address non-regulated issues such as pollution prevention, odor management, water usage and energy conservation. In this eLearning course participants will learn about EMS and how it can benefit their organisation. Through the use of a Case Study and information they bring about their own company participants will leave with a draft EMS for their organisation. It will include organisational Environmental Aspect and Impacts and Objectives and Targets for their organisations significant environmental impacts.
FREE Self Study Guide in PDF format to accompany the course and enable you to refer back to the content in the future.
What Will Students Learn?
- Define what an Environmental Management System (EMS) is and the benefits of establishing one in your organization
- Understand ‘greenwashing’ and ways that there organisation can avoid ‘greenwashing’
- Know the six KPI areas as defined by the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
- Know the steps necessary to develop an EMS
- Be able to determine the Environmental Impacts and Aspects within an organisation
- Understand and apply an Environmental Significance standard to organisational Environmental Impacts
- Set Objectives and Targets for significant organisational environmental impacts
What Topics are Covered?
- Environmental Management
- Developing an EMS
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Environmental Significance
- Objectives and Targets
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.