British Safety Council
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Location & dates
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is for those starting a career in environmental management who want a solid foundation in environmental and sustainability expertise to build upon.
The wide coverage of environmental, sustainability and governance principles ensures that students understand and appreciate the breadth of the sustainability agenda. The focus on management tools and techniques equips learners with the practical skills required by employers and boosts their career prospects.
Upon completion of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, society, the economy and organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products, and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products, and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis and evaluate information
- Research and plan ways in which to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and record feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
The 1-hour open-book multiple-choice examination is undertaken online (at home or in the workplace) within 28 days of the end of the course.
Who is this course for?
The IEMA Foundation Certificate will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to contribute to environmental and sustainability management in your organisation. It will also boost your career prospects.
Students can also apply for Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA). Many students then progress to the IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management which leads to Practitioner status.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.