Add to basket or enquire
English Literature is a timeless and captivating subject that has something for everyone. Whether you're a passionate reader, a student looking to deepen your knowledge, or simply curious about the world of literature, our course is the perfect place to start.
This course will take you on a journey through the literary works of the English-speaking world, covering a wide range of genres, historical periods, and cultural contexts. You will learn how to analyse and interpret literary texts, study literary movements, and understand the works of prominent authors and their literary techniques.
Our course is taught by experienced and passionate educators who are experts in English literature. You'll have the opportunity to engage in lively classroom discussions and receive personalised feedback on your writing. It also explores genres such as drama, poetry, and fiction. In addition, our course will offer a variety of lessons and discussions, which will help you gain a deeper insight into the works of some of the world's greatest writers. So, don't miss out on the opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich world of English literature and take your passion to the next level.
Enrol in our "English Literature" course today!
After completing this English Literature course, you will be able to:
- Gain a grasp of the historical and cultural contexts of literature.
- Increase understanding of literary terms and their application.
- Understanding of literary genres, movements, and key figures in English literature.
- Ability to analyse and interpret literary texts using critical and theoretical approaches.
- Improved communication and presentation skills.
- Development of research and writing skills for academic and professional contexts.
What You Get Out Of Studying English Literature With Janets
- Free PDF certificate upon successful completion of the English Literature course
- Full one-year access to course materials
- Instant assessment results
- Full tutor support available from Monday to Friday
- Study the English Literature course at your own pace
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams with the training
- Study at your own time through your computer, tablet or mobile device
- Improve your chance of gaining valuable skills by completing the course
✦✦✦ Enrol in the English Literature Diploma course to find out more about the topic and get one step closer to reaching your desired success ✦✦✦
The course is delivered through Janets’ online learning platform. The English Literature Diploma has no formal teaching deadlines, meaning you are free to complete the course at your own pace.
English Literature Diploma Course Curriculum:
This English Literature course contains the following modules:
- Elizabethan Drama and Shakespeare's Hamlet
- Jacobean Literature and the Metaphysical Poets
- The Rise of the Novel and Satire
- The Emergence of American Literature
- The New England Renaissance
- The American Civil War Era and the Gilded Age
- Women Writers of the 19th Century
- British Romantic Poets and the Poetic Imagination
- Victorian Novels
- The Imagist Movements after World War I
- Modernist Fiction
- The Lost Generation
Who is this course for?
This English Literature course is ideal for:
- Students pursuing a degree in English, Literature, or a related field.
- Individuals interested in furthering their education in English literature.
- Aspiring writers looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of the craft.
- Educators and teachers seeking professional development in teaching English literature.
- General book lovers and those interested in exploring the rich tradition and history of English literature.
The English Literature course is open to all students and has no formal entry requirements.
There are thousands of career opportunities available. Completing the course will give you advantages in such professions:
- English teacher: $56,000 - $71,000 per year
- Literary critic or reviewer: $50,000 - $70,000 per year
- Editor or publisher: $45,000 - $85,000 per year
- Freelance writer: $30,000 - $100,000 per year
- Research assistant or academic librarian: $35,000 - $60,000 per year
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
All students who successfully complete the English Literature course can instantly download their free e-certificate. You can also purchase a hard copy of the certificate, which will be delivered by post for £9.99.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.