Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
- On completion of this course you will: Understand the procedure of enforcement in court Know what is expected of you as the defence advocate Be clear in your submissions Know the court’s powers and duties Be able to prepare the client for the hearing Attend to post-hearing matters
What is the target audience?
- Suitable for Magistrates Court advocates of all levels
Suitable for Magistrates Court advocates of all levels, this course aims to make you feel confident about representing clients facing imprisonment when allegedly in default of a confiscation order made under s6 POCA 2002.
- The statutory framework for enforcement
- What must be proved and by whom in order to activate a default sentence
- What does the defendant need to show to avoid imprisonment today?
- How can he prove he is doing his best?
- Will the court be persuaded that “doing his best” is enough?
- What happens to the debt once a default sentence is served?
- How else can a confiscation order be enforced?
- Is there any appeal against activation?
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.