Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Emphasis 360 is an online business-writing course for everyone who writes at work. Whether you have to produce reports, emails, customer letters or proposals, it will help you to transform your writing – and your experience of writing – in easy and enjoyable steps.
Through entertaining videos, animations and articles, you'll learn simple but powerful techniques to make your writing clear, direct and effective. You'll also be able to test and cement your knowledge with quizzes and interactive exercises.
- brings together 20 years of business-writing training experience into a single training package
- has input from a wide range of writing experts, including English language teachers, journalists, publishers, writers, editors and even scientists
- consists of 52 individual interactive and engaging lessons
- is relevant to all levels of seniority in an organisation, from CEOs and managers through to graduates and apprentices
- includes access to additional resources (such as best-practice guides and top writing tips) and additional support via a dedicated helpdesk.
What will you learn?
This online business-writing training will help you to transform everything you write at work. It covers all elements of writing, from the moment you start researching a document to the final proofreading.
Here are just some of things it can help you do.
Explore new writing techniques
- unlock the information in your mind and marshal that knowledge to plan and structure your documents
- write confidently and clearly, using plain English
- think critically about your language choices
- beat procrastination and get started
- engage readers using journalistic techniques
Create readable, targeted documents
- cut the padding and lighten up heavy writing
- construct sound, clear sentences
- use professional introduction and ending techniques to grab attention and finish on a high
- structure documents of any length and create flow that carries the reader
- build a persuasive argument and use key techniques to encourage your recipient to take action
Send engaging emails and letters
- write emails that are well structured and convey a clear message
- use subject lines to get your emails opened
- understand the best-practice rules of email etiquette
- tackle tricky subjects in emails and letters
- get your key messages across clearly and succinctly
Deliver winning documents that get results
- research complex documents and develop your ideas
- understand and avoid the most common punctuation pitfalls
- catch errors and typos in documents and emails before sending them out
- cultivate a professional, friendly and appropriate tone
- make an impact with data and tables
Once enrolled, you will also have access to an email helpdesk, ensuring you're supported while you learn.
Who is this course for?
Emphasis 360 is aimed at anyone who has to write at work. Whatever your industry or sector, it can help you – whether you’re just joining the world of work or an ambitious professional looking to upskill yourself.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Strong written communication skills are regularly cited as one of the top skills employers look for. And writing is now at the centre of everything we do at work – from instant messages to emails, reports and business plans.
This means the ability to communicate effectively in writing is no longer a nice-to-have, but a fundamental skill for anyone looking to succeed and progress in their career.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.