- Tutor is available to students
This Emotional Intelligence course will help you understand how emotion impacts on work performance and interactions within the organisation. This training course highlights ways for participants to ensure they control and focus their emotions to increase their productivity for ‘task efficiency’ and ‘relational effectiveness’.
During this course you will be identifying and practicing a combination of insight, skills and abilities. This will empower you to drastically improve your ability to assess what is driving a particular situation and adapt your behavior to generate the most beneficial outcome and reach goals.
Simple to arrange and highly effective - you can choose to run this course exactly as described or we can create a customised solution that meets your specific needs.
As a general rule, if you have four or more employees with similar learning needs, an in-company programme will be the most efficient and cost-effective choice for you. Learning is usually delivered at your premises.
Our specialist facilitators are experts in their respective fields, and can tailor our existing courses to suit the specific needs of your organisation - or alternatively, design courses and programmes that are entirely bespoke, crafted in response to the unique requirements of your business.
Understanding how emotions work
- The relationship between emotion and intelligence
- The root cause of emotion
- How emotions can affect everything we think, feel and do
- The three families of emotion
- The difference between emotions and feelings
- Why we become emotionally over-sensitive
- How to avoid emotional confusion
How to manage and control one’s own emotions
- The difference between reaction and response
- The relationship between emotion and motivation
- Identifying the learned beliefs that shape many of our emotions
- Increasing self-motivation
How to respond to others’ emotions
- Cultivating awareness of others’ emotions
- Non-verbal communication and how to listen with your eyes
- Developing emotional literacy
- The difference between empathy, sympathy and apathy
- Building empathic relationships
- The art of non-violent communication
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE?
- a clear understanding of how working relationships can be improved
- an insight into the underlying emotions which shape one’s own and others’ behaviours
- an ability to control and deal with one’s own emotions
- the skills to read and respond effectively to the emotions of others
- an understanding of how to build empathic relationships with others
Who is this course for?
This Emotional Intelligence training course is ideal for those working in environments where there are frequent and challenging interactions with colleagues and customers.
Aimed at those who need to understand the underlying nature of their own and others’ responses, this training course will help those who want to improve the quality of their interactions. It will also provide delegates with the training they need to think, feel and behave professionally.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.