This course is about understanding how emotion affects work performance and relationships in the workplace.It demonstrates how to ensure emotions can be controlled and focused into greater ‘task efficiency’ and ‘relational effectiveness’. A combination of insight, skills and abilities are identified and practised to enable you to drastically improve your ability to grasp what is driving a particular situation and adapt your behaviour to gain the most beneficial outcome.It is well known in the sporting world that selecting the right thoughts and emotional response leads to the highest possible achievement. You are mainly limited by what you think you can achieve, rather than your intellectual or physical ability to achieve. It is your desire not your ability that determines your success.
This training course will provide you with an understanding of emotional intelligence and equip you with the tools to change your habits and manage your emotions in line with any situation that may arise.
Training Course Objectives:
This training course will cover the following topics:
What is Emotional Intelligence? What is NLP?
Who am I as a manager? Tuning into your senses, getting in touch with your feelings and knowing your goals
The dynamics of emotions, the worry buster, living with anxieties, 5-step freeze-frame technique,Submodalities
The essential elements, positive self-talk, visualisation, creating an EI environment
Relationship management, perceptual positions
Defining a relationship, types of relationship, why do we get together? Why do relationships fail? What makes an effective relationship? 6 steps to building effective relationships, tips for building exceptional relationships with colleagues
What does this mean? What do I need to know and be able to do? What is involved?
Assessing & developing your emotional intelligence
How do you shape up? Raising your EI, ten habits of emotionally intelligent people
Developing an emotionally intelligent organisation
Using EI as a change management strategy, 4 steps to organisational EI, example EI development programme
Final thoughts & reflections
· Identify your own emotions and their impact on performance – self-awareness
· Understand other people’s emotions – cultivating awareness of others’ feelings, emotions, concerns and needs
· Use NLP, emotional intelligence in relationships
· Understand the role of NLP, emotional intelligence in increasing personal success
· Appreciate the main competency elements within the emotional intelligence competency model
· Recognise basic self management techniques
· Appreciate the need to manage and understand interactions with others
· Be aware of the characteristics of emotionally intelligent individuals
· Recognise emotional intelligence as a change management strategy and the use of emotional intelligence within an organisation
· Understand how to create an EI,NLP development programme
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.