Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Emergency Medicine for Everyone
Experience everyday life in an emergency department
Practitioners of emergency medicine (doctors and nurses) must be able to undertake high-stress troubleshooting and rapid medical detective work, as well as make split-second decisions that can make the difference between a patient’s life or death. This is usually carried out in the most intense department of a hospital – the emergency department.
As greatly skilled professionals, doctors and nurses must undergo demanding training as medical students; must be able to have the unparalleled skill of extracting important information from patients that they may have overlooked (or are unwilling to share); all whilst having extensive insight and readily-available knowledge into a plethora of injuries and illnesses.
With this course, provided by Global Edulink, a UK-leading online training provider, you get to experience the high drama of an emergency ward whilst gaining in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of the type of training only medical students would acquire. These comprehensive lectures are a thrilling introduction to emergency medicine and covers such topics as:
- Triage in emergency medicine
- Thinking fast in emergency medicine
- Treating the patient and the family
- Altered mental status
- Treating insect and animal bites
- An insight into fever
- Preventative medicine
- Exercise and its health benefits
- How to stay safe in an emergency department
- Emergency medicine for travellers
* Free e-certificate (No additional cost for e-certificates)
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
Course Curriculum : Emergency Medicine for Everyone
- Mode triage in emergency medicine
- Thinking again and emergency medicine
- Diagnosis is the story.
- Identify hidden clues in the emergency department
- How to treat the patient and the family
- What causes chest pain? And treat the cause.
- Need of the emergency department
- Overview of altered mental status
- Identify simple symptoms of serious illness
- Protect yourself first in an emergency
- How to treat insect and animal bites?
- Identifying the missing piece in an emergency diagnosis and healthy paranoia in emergency medicine
- Fever, friend or foe?
- Always, how to treat pain?
- An ounce of prevention
- Understanding the big picture in emergency medicine
- Are exercises good for your health?
- How to stay safe in the emergency department?
- Understanding emergency medicine for travelers
- Learn emergency medicine lessons from the past
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Emergency Medicine for Everyone by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Who is this course for?
- Those who have a general interest in the medical field.
- Those who already work in, or are thinking of working in, medicine.
- Medical Student
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Consultant Emergency Medicine
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine
- Locum Doctor in Emergency Medicine
- General Practitioner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I registered already But how I can start the course in emergency medicine
Dear Sir/Ma'am Thank you very much for your query. You must have recieved the login details. Please check your email spam folder. Hurry up ! as the discount ends soon. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hello, I registered for this course since 21 of April, but until now i cant access to material and watch the course. please help me ASAP Thanks
Dear Roua Thank you very much for your query. Please check the email spam folder as you must have recieved the login links. If not please contact the service provider. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi Admin, I am Simon. The 12 hour time duration mentioned is per session or for the whole course duration? kind regards
Dear Simon Thank you very much for your query. It is the whole course duration and you will get 24/7 access for 365 days. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.