Grays Medic Training Services
Add to basket or enquire
The Emergency First Aid at Work ( Refresher) Online Training Course is designed to develop knowledge and understanding to act appropriately when an emergency situation appears or when someone becomes ill or is injured at work. It is also intended to follow the HSE recommendation regarding annual refresher courses in order to keep staff competent, up to date and maintain their skills during the 3 year validity period.
This course does not replace the practical activities of the Emergency First Aid Training Course.
Note: This is a video course with a high-quality combination of up to date content, animation, and presentation which contributes to better retention of knowledge, whilst keep you interested and engaged. Please keep this in mind when you compare it with other online courses in the market.
This course will highlight some of the most common situations that you might come across and the actions that you can take to help. In the most serious situations a first aider's role will be to assess the scene so that accurate information can be passed to emergency services and then to act appropriately to try and increase the casualty odds of survival. This course does not replace the EFAW practical sessions, but covers the content required by HSE regarding Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
- What is First Aid?
- Unconsciousness and recovery position
- CPR and AEDs
- Spinal Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Muscle Injuries
- Managing an Incident & Record Keeping
- Burns & Scalds
- Electric Shock
- Eye Injuries
- Anaphylaxis and Diabetes
- Heart Attack & Stroke
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a course certificate. Your certificate will be available for download as soon as you pass your course.
The Emergency First Aid at Work ( Refresher) course is accredited by the CPD Certification Service and approved by The International Institute of Risk & Safety Management IIRSM.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who holds an Emergency First Aid Certificate and is willing to do the annual refresher course.
- People who provide support to fully qualified First Aiders.
- People wishing to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to act appropriately when an emergency happens or someone is ill or injured in the workplace.
This course does not required a previous qualification.
- Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
- Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.