Add to basket or enquire
Approximately 30 electrical fatalities happen each year due to electrical hazards in the workplace. The Electrical Safety Professional Video Training course is designed to provide learners with basic electrical knowledge and training on all areas of electrical safety, from the laws surrounding electrical safety to portable appliance testing (PAT).
You will start by learning about the dangers and benefits of electricity and how electricity works. Later, you will develop your knowledge of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and safety standards in the workplace.
By the end of the course, you will have the practical knowledge and understanding to work safely with electrical appliances and will know what measures and steps to take in the case of an electrical emergency.
Highlights of the Electrical Safety:
- Develop your basic electrical knowledge and understand the law surrounding electrical safety
- Develop your understanding of the fundamental benefits and dangers of electricity
- Learn how to use electrical appliances in the home correctly and work safely with electricity
- Have an awareness of portable appliance testing (PAT) standards and guidelines
- Learn about the different types of common domestic electrical accidents, injuries and hazards
- Know what to do in the case of an electrical emergency and which safety measures to take
- Be able to identify and mitigate the risks of electrical hazards at home and in the workplace
- Follow best practice for electrical safety in the workplace by understanding the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
This course is designed with the following modules:
- Module 1: Overview and Benefits of Electricity
- Module 2: What is Electricity?
- Module 3: How Electricity Can Cause Harm
- Module 4: Legislation, Standards and Key Steps
- Module 5: PAT Testing Standards and Guidance
We offer fully-accredited online courses and comprehensive training on necessary skills and knowledge, so you can get ahead in your professional life.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an instant e-certificate. You can receive printed certificates by post (with a shipping cost of £3.99) if you want which will be delivered right to your doorstep.
There’s no expiry date of any sort for our certificates, but we recommend that you renew them every 12 months for up-to-date information and credibility in this competitive job market.
Who is this course for?
This course is for professionals of all levels, including employers and employees. It is also ideal for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of electrical safety in the workplace. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
The course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
On successful completion, you will have the skills, knowledge and confidence to ensure a safe working environment free of electrical hazards, with an understanding of what to do in the case of an electrical emergency. You will be able to work safely with electrical equipment and applications, following best practice procedures under the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.