Electrical Safety in the Workplace Certificate
Electrical accidents can result in serious injury, disability and death. Although workers in some industries are at especially high risk of injury, these accidents can occur in almost any workplace. Therefore, it is important that employers and workers alike understand the risks they encounter when working with electricity and how to work in a safe, efficient manner.
In this course, you will learn how to identify potential sources of electrocution and uphold electrical safety in the workplace. You will learn about the key legislation put in place to ensure electrical safety at work and its practical implications in day-to-day scenarios.
You Will Learn:
- The effects of electric shock on the body and why electrical accidents can be fatal
- The most common causes of electrical accidents in the workplace
- The scope of The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and how they complement other legislation
- How risk assessments reduce the chance of electrical injury, and other practical steps an employer can take to promote electrical safety at work
- How to select the right tools and equipment when carrying out work with electricity and how to ensure that anyone working with electricity is appropriately qualified to do so
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law with regards to electrical safety
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you identify and understand potential electrical hazards
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand and avoid common electrical hazards
- If you have an interest in occupational health, this course will provide a useful introduction to one of the most lethal hazards present in the workplace
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: How Can Employers Reduce the Risks Associated with Electricity in the Workplace?
- Module 03: Selecting the Best Equipment for the Job
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.