Expert Training Ltd
ELECTRICAL SAFETY - IIRSM CERTIFIED AWARDS
This Electrical Safety training course is designed to provide basic knowledge to employers and employees with regard to managing electric equipment within the workplace. It educates about the benefits electricity brings to society, key components: voltage, current and resistance and the electrical hazards. Course candidates will receive an overview of the main electric safety standards, guidance and legislation that control the use of electric equipment in the workplace. In addition, Electric Safety training covers information about simple maintenance plans and portable appliance testing.
- Designed by health and safety industry experts
- Visually engaging, animated voice over the course
- Full compliance with the UK’s Health and Safety Legislation
- Approximate duration of 45 minutes – 1 hour
- E-learning course – learn at your own pace, save on cost and cut on travel time Multiple re-assessment opportunities with no additional charge
- Approved course by IIRSM
- Immediate access to a nationally recognised and approved certificate upon completion
This Electrical Safety training course contains five interactive modules and includes a brief assessment at the end of each module. These include:
Module 1: Overview and Benefits of Electricity
- Overview- definition of the term electricity; key components of the electricity; course overview.
- Benefits of Electricity- benefits of electricity to society; flexibility of electricity.
Module 2: What is Electricity?
- Resistance, Current and Voltage- what is electricity? the process of electricity; conduction of electricity; definitions of the resistance, current and voltage.
- Two Main Types of Electricity- two types of electricity: direct and alternating current processes; frequency examples; two main types of AC: single phase supply and three phase supply; supply identification.
- Electricity: The Journey- the process of electricity distribution.
Module 3: How Electricity Can Cause Harm
- Facts and Statistics- why electricity is dangerous; statistics; levels of currents and their effect on a human body; why electricity causes an effect on a human body.
- Be SAFE- key hazards of contact with electricity: burns; shock; arcing; fires; explosions.
- Emergency Precautions & Treatment- employer responsibilities; first aid for electric shocks; electric shock incident reporting.
Module 4: Legislation, Standards and Key Steps
- Standards and Laws- requirements that regulate electric safety; employer standards with regard to electrical safety at work; list of regulations and legislation that apply to electrical safety at work.
- Working With Electrical Equipment- main steps the employers and supervisors must take in order to prevent electrical accidents at work; the use of equipment.
Module 5: PAT Testing Standards and Guidance
- Portable Appliance Testing- what is a portable appliance? types of the portable appliance; what is PAT testing?PAT testing requirements and the law; risk assessments and visual inspections; the difference between class 1 and class 2 equipment.
- Maintenance Plans – three main type of maintenance plan: user checks, formal visual inspection and PAT testing processes; combined-inspection and testing.
- Who Can Do PAT Testing?- two levels of competency: level 1 and level 2 PAT testers.
- Repair and Replacement – who can carry out the repairs; labelling.
- Conclusion – recap
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how electricity works and what benefits it brings to society
- Understand the effects of electricity on a human body
- Know what steps to take when helping a casualty who has been electrocuted
- List regulations that apply to electric safety at work
- Understand the key hazards when using electrical equipment
- Know who and when should carry out electrical equipment check
- Know what documents are required when undertaking or participating in a project
The online assessment is carried out on completion of each module. The pass mark for this course is 70%. You will be given the chance to review all videos and your answers at the end of each module before final submission. If you don’t pass, don’t worry! You can re-take each test up to 6 times with no extra charge.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for anyone, including general employees and employers, who require basic electrical safety knowledge, in order to manage electrical safety within the workplace.
Please note, this course provides an overview of electrical safety at work, if you carry out electrical work as part of your work duties, you will need a higher level of training.
Business Health and Safety Compliance
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.