Add to basket or enquire
Effective Planning and Scheduling Course
Effective Planning and Scheduling Course Level 3 Endorsed Certificate of Achievement.
As project managers and leads, we all know how difficult it can be to accurately determine the duration of a project, yet that is exactly what is expected of us on a regular basis. This Effective Planning and Scheduling course will not disclose the secret of creating an accurate schedule, because there isn’t one. However, it will provide the factors and fundamental elements that you should consider and address when creating any type of schedule.
This self-paced programme is available 24/7 providing you with the flexibility to train at the pace, location and time of your choosing. Endorsed certificate from a registered awarding body can be claimed on course completion. College registration, tutor support, course materials and additional supporting material are all included in the course fee.
Effective Planning and Scheduling
What Will Students Learn?
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule
Introduction to Work Breakdown Structure
The unit 1 covers the following topics:
- About the Work Breakdown Structure
- The Role of a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Types of Work Breakdown Structure Diagrams
- Work Breakdown Structure Formats
- Work Breakdown Structure Numbering
- Work Breakdown Structure Dictionary
Estimation Process and Aligning Resources for a Project
The unit 2 covers the following topics:
- Estimating Tips and Techniques
- Tips for Increasing Estimation Accuracy
- Identifying Task Dependencies
- Task Dependency Types
- Aligning Resources with Activities
- Resource Breakdown Structure
- Creating the Resource Breakdown Structure
- Stages of Resource Scheduling
- Resource Turnover
Effective Project Planning
The unit 3 covers the following topics:
- Types of Network Diagrams
- Critical Path Method
- Creating a Network Diagram
- PERT vs. CPM
- Scheduling Software
Project Risk Management and Communication Plans
The unit 4 covers the following topics:
- Uncertainty and Risk Management
- Risk Management Planning
- Monitoring and Controlling Risk
- Communication Strategies
- Tips for Successful Communication
- Creating a Viable Schedule
- Updating and Monitoring the Schedule
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with CPD Courses you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Effective Planning and Scheduling
No particular entry requirement. We do not ask for any previous qualification or experience. Students of all age and academic background can enrol on this course.
Endorsed Certificate of Achievement
At the end of the course, learner can claim an endorsed certificate by paying £85 accreditation fee.There are £9 postal charges for the UK students and £15 for the non UK students.
Certificate of Completion from CPD
Certificate of Completion from CPD (soft copy) can be claimed for £10. If you need hard copy of this certificate you will pay £25 + postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK)
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.