Indigo Business Services
Add to basket or enquire
Edward de Bono's internationally renowned decision-making, idea evaluation and meeting management workshop. It transforms thinking and communication, as well as halving meeting times and doubling their effectiveness.
Dr Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® is a globally renowned tool that will change the way your team thinks and communicates - with real effect and impact. With the Six Thinking Hats®, you will learn how to:
- Halve meeting times and double their effectiveness.
- Shift your thinking (and others) from negative to positive; and from emotional reactions to facts within seconds.
- Identify solutions and tackle problems in a timely and cost efficient way.
The Six Hats® approach reduces adversarial thinking and encourages clearer, more effective thinking and idea development.
Indigo is an authorised distributor and training provider for Edward de Bono Ltd.
Six Thinking Hats brochure
What's it all about?
During the workshop, you will:
- Learn to use different approaches to business problems.
- Explore all aspects of each situation and generate alternatives that go far beyond obvious solutions.
- Separate fact from opinion.
- Look fully at both positive and negative options and expose hidden agendas that can sabotage any meeting.
- Learn how to stimulate innate creativity.
- Learn how to turn seemingly insoluble problems into real opportunities.
- Leave the workshop with skills that they have practised and can apply immediately on return to the workplace.
The workshop includes a mix of teaching and practical exercises. You will work in small groups with continual support from the trainer, who has been certified by Dr de Bono to deliver the course. The workshop materials have been developed by Dr Edward de Bono personally, and each delegate is supplied with a comprehensive workbook to provide on-going reinforcement of the techniques learnt.
What will you get out of it?
Dr Edward de Bono's Six Thinking Hats® system is a simple and powerful tool. It will change the way your team thinks by teaching creative problem-solving skills. You and your team will learn how to:
- Lead shorter, more productive meetings.
- Look at decisions and problems systematically.
- Generate more and better ideas.
- Improve team results.
- Reduce conflict.
You will understand and learn:
- The nature of thinking.
- Why we need to change our behaviour.
- Why argument is inadequate.
- Introducing the Six Thinking Hats®.
- Why very little new thinking is accomplished at meetings.
- Tools and techniques focusing on each hat.
Using the Six Hats®:
- Single use of the Six Hats.
- Systematic use of the Six Hats.
- Frameworks for structuring meetings and focusing thinking.
- How to turn disagreements into positive contributions.
- Techniques for opportunity thinking.
- Programming meetings for a successful outcome.
- Creating the action plan.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to improve team-working, hold more productive meetings, generate new ideas and solve problems faster. It will be especially beneficial to the following groups:
- Project/strategy teams.
- Departmental managers and their teams.
- Managers and executives who require greater levels of innovation and creativity.
- Individual contributors and teams working in highly competitive or changing environments.
This session will be delivered using the Zoom platform – which is free to download and use.
You will require access to a PC/Mac/tablet and internet connection, they will require a webcam, speakers/headphones and to enable their microphone, or they simply dial in on their phone.
The materials provided will be in digital format only. With 12 months access.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
Six Thinking Hats® can count towards your CPD recognition with leading professional bodies and trade organisations. You can normally record your attendance in the 'organised learning' or 'self-learning' sections. Please check with your membership organisation for more information.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.